Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Fathers Day Do you have any special recipes planned for Dad?

Old 06-03-2002, 07:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Any ideas?

Father's Day is coming up. Does anyone have any ideas for my father (64 years old) and my son's father (46 years old--we have boys ages 20, 17, 16 and 3). Thanks
Old 06-07-2002, 08:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Father's Day Idea

Hi Julie,

Here is an idea that I actaully copied (shh) from big companies selling gift baskets.

Fill a basket (I was thinking of using a patriotic themed basket so I could re-use it) or a themed can or other container, tackel box, tool box, planter, whatever - with favorite goodies such as beef jerky, m&m's, rootbeer, granola bars, lottery tickets, etc. The ideas are endless, just think about dad's favorite's.

Best wishes. I hope these idea's are helpful and I also hope you have a great time filling containers!

lawnangel, aka, Debbie
Old 06-07-2002, 09:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Here is what we do for my husband. He has adult children ages from 26-21; and three young grandsons. We have a nine year old daughter as well.

Because we don't see each other as often as we all like to, we like to make it a family affair. This year we are hosting a bbq and yard game affair. There will be horseshoes, batmonton (sp) water fights, etc. Something fun for everyone!

One year we had a picnic in the park.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thanks for the ideas ladies. I may use the fill the container one for my dad--I have some baskets that I need to get rid of so that may me perfect for him. He's diabetic so food options are out pretty much except for maybe the crackers he always carries with him in case his level drops to low. Thanks again. More ideas welcome.
Old 06-08-2002, 06:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

My father turned 78 in Feb. He does not get out very much and has no hobbies so he is very hard to buy for. I took old pics of his immediate family and his army pic. I was short on money so I scanned them myself. They were all in balck and white. I printed them in various sizes. My daughter does scrapbooking so she matted and framed them. It brought back good memories and I have never seen him so happy with a gift.

Also I make gift baskets on themes like movies. I buy a video and popcorn packs and soda or drink of their choice and add their favorite candly or give them movie passes. Also fishing baskets are nice.
Old 06-08-2002, 10:55 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

father's day gift

This year I wanted to do something memorable, but we don't have a lot of extra cash, so I decided to do something with pictures. My husband uses a clipboard at work every day, and likes to put the latest picture of our two girls (5 & 6) on it. I decided to develop one of our many rolls of film and buy a new clipboard and mount a bunch of updated pictures of the girls and cover it with the clear contact paper. It's something that he can use, and won't cost too much. The funny thing is this: just the other day he asked about some pictures we took of the girls with him a couple of weeks ago. He's a volunteer fireman and the dept was burning down an old house and using it for practice. We took pictures of him in all his gear with the girls, and others with just the girls and they were wearing the real fire helmets. He wanted to develop those and put them on his clipboard! Now that makes me think that I had a great idea!!! Won't he be surprised when he gets it for Father's Day??
Old 06-09-2002, 02:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I am sure your father's are going to love the photos. Thanks for more great ideas.
Old 06-09-2002, 02:37 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have given a homemade gift certificate to detail his car. It is very economical and something that people loathe to do themselves. (professional companies charge like $100!)Just run the car through a car wash and then use the $.50 vacuum. I then take a rag and wipe down the inside of the car, and I mean every surface, the doors, seatbelts, gear shift etc and use an old brush to clean out the vents. I then use the rag to wipe down all the insides of the door jams. They get so dirty and it's something you don't think to clean, but that really makes the car look new! You don't even need anything special for the dash, just water will get it looking good and then use windex to clean all the insides of the windows. Don't forget to roll down the windows a few inches to get the top where it meets the frame. Good luck
Erika
Old 06-19-2004, 11:32 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

The thing we do for fathers day is buy something for fathers day. But the rest of it we make. We have crafting things out through out fathers day. We come across ideas through the internet, books family, friends and ideas we come up with on our own. If you type in fathers day then click on search there are a lot of different sites full of ideas. On the internet. Also, through out the year at least twice a month we make something for dad to surprise him. The kids also do the same for me. We all get together a couple times a month or more to make things for grandparents and friends and neighbor. We are also straighteningdad's desk and organizing the garage tools and all as a fathers day gift. Hope these ideas help. Sincerely mom of 6 here ages 21 to 3. And 2 in heaven.