The Underwire Chronicles!! - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 10-28-2002, 09:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The Underwire Chronicles!!

Ok, I need some new bras! I want a COMFORTABLE bra...these hormone pills, well, lets just say I have double boobs than what I used to!! LOL!!!
I don't like the cutting underwire bras...so lets get a vote going on the most comfortble bras available!!!!!!
Thanks and peace,train!!!
Old 10-31-2002, 02:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank goodness that I didn't "grow" while on hormones! (I'm off now so that I can do the menopause thing, will go back on most likely). I have more up top than any one person needs. I'm only 48 but I guess I've been wearing "old lady" bras for years now. I will ONLY wear the Playtex posture bra that hooks in front. It's not real romantic when taking it off but I love this style bra. It is so comfortable and supportive. I need support too because full busted since I first developed, I finally know what it feels like to be flat chested.......every night when I go to bed and lie on my back, my boobs slowly slide off to the sides.

Happy hunting! BTW my youngest dd thinks the only bra worth buying is Victorias Secret underwires and she inherited her mother's busty-ness.

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 11-02-2002, 05:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I don't know if this would be comfy for larger sizes (and yes, I AM envious!! ;-) ), but I swear by Jockey's for my rather unspectacular 34B size.

Find out more about autism at:
Autism Research Institute
Old 11-02-2002, 05:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Just went thru this myself....

I used to wear a Maidenform style, no underwire and it was marvelous.... I had about 8-10 of them and everytime I went near an outlet store I was in searching for more. Alas, they discontinued the style for my size -- and my old ones well wore out seriously (totally ripped front lace, ripped out the hooks, etc).... YUP I wore them to death.

SOOOO I had to change eventually....and I started by going to the Playtex and the Just My Size boxed product sections of the store and looking for ones with no padding, and no underwire as I do not like that either. I found several styles, and I bought one of each, and in different sizes --- could have tried them on there I guess, but I really thought I knew my size.

In the end I wound up with style #1960 by Just My Size. I can hook it on the second hook (bought a larger size round the chest) and they are both comfortable and supportive for me -- wound up buying 44D to do this, but they are working well!

Good luck, this is not an easy change to make.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

It sure isn't an easy change...I find I am bumping into things I wouldn't have bumped into minus this extra hormone cleavage!!!
Also, when I eat my cereal in the morning, there they are, my boobs, sitting there on the table ledge!!! These hormones have done a doozy to my body, and now, as I am being taken off them slowly, I wonder if I will go back to flat as a pancake!!!

Meanwhile, I need the support...both in bra and in friendships!!!
Thanx, ya'all!
peace,train
Old 11-02-2002, 05:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

train, watch those boobs at meal times. I drop food on mine a lot and wear a size 40DD. My 3 daughters are well developed as well and we all joke that we fed them too well!

Good luck and keep us posted on how things go--I'll be going back on hormones some day and pray this won' be a side effect for me.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Become an Honorary Member

Old 11-02-2002, 05:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I buy the Just my Size front hook bras....I like the kind without wires and the front hooks make it so easy to get in and out of. I always have trouble with the cup size...I don't know if the cup is supposed to be packed in there or not. :p

I also do not put my bras in the dryer...I hang them to drip dry...it is suppose to be better for the spandex????

TeresaR, I envy you I wish I was a 34B. You are so lucky!

janet
Old 11-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I use to wear Maidenform too but they stopped the one I liked or it just became impossible to find in the larger sizes....I found Playtex 18 hour with cushioned straps...it hooks in the back but that is OK by me...they have underwire and softcup, I get the softcup style....I love them, they also have a nice padding under the cup for sweating purposes....They wear great and they are on sale a lot. I get them from Just My Size, either on line or catologue but dept. stores sell them so if you want to try them on first....
Good Luck,
Ruth
Old 11-02-2002, 07:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky

Like Jo and Janet, I love the Just My Size boxed bras. My favourite is style #1976 - no underwire, and no seams running across the middle of the cups where you could see it through a knit shirt. (Why do they do that anyway?! - the seams, that is.) I'm a 42D and HATE underwire, even though I need it. I do have one Bali bra that's an underwire. I have to admit, it makes me "look better (more support), but it's rather uncomfortable.

~Melanie
Old 11-02-2002, 08:05 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

I am a larger-sized woman. I too do not like any underwire type bra. They cut and hurt alot. I thought the Just My Size was okay, but for some silly reason, they like to slide off of my right shoulder. (Gee, I thought I was built pretty equal,lol). I am still in search of a "good" bra. Has anyone ever bought bras from a catalog? How about the Lane Bryant catalog? Please let me know what works for you if you are a plus-sized, well-endowed,DD.

In the heart's depths a peace serene and holy
Abides, and when pain seems to have it's will,
Or we despair,--oh, may that peace rise slowly,
Stronger than agony, and we be still.~ S. Johnson