Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 11-04-2002, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Lifestar. I've been buying my bras via Bravissimo for several years now (it's a company out of England. I went to the lanebyrant site you recommended and could almost cry. I hate underwires and lanebryant has some styles that are my size (I'm a 38G). Can't wait to order some--don't care if we have no money. I'm getting some new bras!
Old 11-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

I don't know just how much of a change you are talking here, but I swear by Hanes Her Way Cotton Curves, which I believe C is the biggest cup available. These are found at discount stores such as Wal-Mart. I have friends much bigger busted than I that swear by the Playtex bras that are in the boxed bra section. Hope you find something that fits.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:41 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Bras, bras and more bras...

Dear Noelle,
You are just too funny! I have no problem spending $25+ to get a good bra. Anything that helps. Oh, and I know exactly how you feel about all the guys "enjoying" your company, while alot of the girls wouldn't want to be near me. Needless to say, I never had trouble finding a guy to play basketball with.LOL.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Juliecc913

I know just how you feel...It's soooo hard to find those sizes! There is a nice store in NJ I 'll go to ocasionally that has a slew of them in stock, but otherwise it's only in the catalogs or on-line...

I once went to the manufacturers' showrooms in Manhattan to have a fitting done ( what an embarrasing "hands-on" experience that was! A little 95 year old Rumanian lady...oh my!) ...But I found out I wasn't a 48DDD ... I was actually a 40H Aarrgh!

.... But in the Goddess style I wear now, a 42G fits the best. It's so much more comfortable when you wear the right size. I hope you find something that works for you. Even though they're expensive..they are well made. Three bras last the year for me.

Glad I could help!

Val
Old 11-05-2002, 05:36 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I don't know exactly what the bra is called, but my absolute favorite is one from Lane Bryant. It is cotton/spandex. It actually is an underwire but I cut out the wires before wearing them. I'm 8 months pregnant and I'm still wearing my Lane Bryant bras.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Val thanks for the hysterical description of the bra fitting! I can't even imagine--it's bad enough being felt up for a breast exam by a doctor!

In case anyone is interested, Just My Size is having a Goddess bra sale--buy 2 and save $10. The link is:
http://www.justmysize.com/cgi-bin/nc...NTRY_TAG=62722

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 11-06-2002, 06:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle I just have to post!!

Ladies, how can I get my hands on some of those hormones??!!! I just keep reading these posts thinking "WOW! What a great problem to have!" Isn't the grass always greener?

Have a great day and good luck with the search for the right bra!!
Old 11-06-2002, 06:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
Isn't the grass always greener?
AMEN to that! I've always wanted to be flat chested--this looks sooo nice in a blazer. I can't get a blazer to lie flat to save me.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 11-06-2002, 09:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have so much trouble finding my size, which is a 34-D. Kind of unusual huh. Well I ordered a catalog from One Hanes Place. It has all sizes and several different brands. I ordered the 18 hr. custom comfort bra. I had bought it before from the store when they had it. Then they didn't have it any more there and I couldn't find it anywhere. It is very comfortable and smooth and silky. It doesn't come in a 34 so I buy 36 because it has an extra set of back hooks, so it fits great . It came really quick. I don't think it even took a week.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

The Underwire Chronicles

Nagymom: Try a minimizer bra. It makes my blouses and blazers fit more smoothly and flatter. I think it kind of spreads your breasts apart (the opposite of the Wonder Bras which push everything together). Anyway, I like the minimizers a lot. I am about a 38 c/d. I'd like to be smaller. I mentioned before that I am happy with Hanes' bras. I buy the $12.99 or $13.99 model #1365 I think and I have been wearing them for 5 or more years. Cheap and comfortable.