Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 08-18-2002, 05:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Purses and Pocketbooks

Hi everyone,
I saw the most interesting interview on the Lifetime channel.
A woman walked around Manhattan asking women...young and old...what they were currently carrying in their pocketbooks!!! It was so interesting and funny.

Me, I am of the type who carries everything but the kitchen sink, tho I have gotten better over the years...I used to have safety pins, matches, everything!!!
So for fun I am going to empty the contents of my purse to tell you what I have in mine and then, hopefully, a clean purse for the start of a new week!!!

...lavendertherapy hand lotion, peppermint altoids, baush and Lomb eye drops, hand wipes, cucumber melon hand wash, orange cream creme savers, eyeglass cleaner, a nail file, camera, a watch to get fixed,...
Drivers licence, library card, Blockbuster card, Youngs, (grocery) card, AAA, Amtrak guest saver card, Hallmark card, checks, a couple dollars and some change, insurance card, carwash coupon, grocery coupons, pen, small notepad and various receipts!

Well, I got rid of the receipts and everything went back in, nice and neat!!! Too bad I did not find a hidden twenty in there somewhere! That would have been nice!!! And I am surprised I did not find more candy!!! I am ALWAYS eating chocolate or licorice or taffy...you get the idea!!!

Well, what would we find in YOUR purse/pocketbook/babybag/backpack if you were to empty it's contents???

Peace, train
Old 08-21-2002, 10:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Okay I'm going to open mine and see what is in there. glasses case,wintergreen Altoids, cinnamon altoids, Mint skittles, check book, hair brush,lollipop, Overnight lip treatment, pill box with some pills in it, watch that needs a batterymy medication list, tape measure, empty fruities box, moist towelette, uniball pen, P.E.O. chapter yearbook, membership directory from Friends of Iowa public television, more skittles, Tums, pre-moistened lens cleaner, straw, box of matches, imodium tablets, 2 more pens,lips stick, 1 key, .40 cents in loose change, drivers license, bank reicpt, list of members of support group at church, bank card, P.E.O. membership card, AAA membership card, blood donor card, Sam's card, movie rental card, AARP membership card, voter registration card, Hallmark Gold Crown card, Organ/Tissue donor card, Petco card, card from a stamp design store, PBS membership card., gift certificate to a dress shop, Library card - my own and my grd's, phone card, 2 cards with doctors addresses on them, Issurance cards, Cross in My pocket card, and another key. Is that enough??? I ceated because I cleaned out my purse on Sunday. ;-)

Now who is next?

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

blushing Wow I need a smaller purse....

SHEW! it took me my whole break here at work to go through my purse... here goes: Sherwin Williams discount card, hair pick, 5 AA batteries, 7 magnets, film container w/glucophage, tupperware smidget w/motrin, eyeliner, lip gloss,spare car key, tweezers, Perceive perfume, Navy perfume, 2 make-up brushes, Juniper Breeze hand lotion, Rolaids, Tums EX, dental floss, free Dairy Queen treat token, 2 $1 bills, $1.08 in loose change, extra trading cards from ds Tball, stamps, band aids, Subway card, cough drops, sugarless gum, ATM card, Hair clip, chapstick, Certs, marker, tooth picks, Buy One Get One Free pop cap, raspberry Creme Saver, cell phone, 3 pens, work ID, earring, insurance cards for me & ds, hospital cards for me & ds, checkbook (5 $2 bills, prescription for ds eyeglasses, various receipts, return address labels), pictures, Driver License, AAA card, gameworks card, Voter ID, Soc Sec card - mine & ds, car insurance & registration, DISCOUNT OR STORE CARDS for: kroger, cvs, kmart, fashion bug, great party, and various business cards for dentist w/ appts on back, hair cut favorites w/hours, & work.
What a ton of junk! It seems the bigger the purse I carry, the more stuff that finds it's way in there!

Have a great day ladies...

Remember:
Wherever you go, there you are!
Old 08-24-2002, 07:54 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Purse: keys, sunglasses, pocket-pack tissue, license, library card, insurance cards, 1.17 in change, moist-wipes, my glucometer, meds.
Diaper bag:6 diapers, wipes in a baggie, sippy cup(empty lol), 3 books, 2 animal toys, two outfits for ds2, 1 outfit for ds1, hand sanitizer, straws, napkins, bag of snacks(cheerios, raisins, etc), rash ointment, cornsarch powder, 1.00 in change(for emergency phone calls), and plastic bags for diaper disposal.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Yikes, I carry a tote bag!

Wallet with cards and coins; keys; lipgloss, notebook, 3 pens, empty gum package ( time to restock), reciepts from weeks ago. a novel, incase I have to wait in line; garden pruners (still don't know why); loose change in the bottom of my purse. Notes of things I have to remember ( but forgotton anyway).

Thats it for today. Usually I will have a water bottle, grocery bag, and kid stuff.
Old 08-24-2002, 09:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

What a Great Thread LOL

Hi Lets see,
Pen, Wallet, pics, needle, thread, yo yo's, makeup, pen, pad, addy book, meds, money (not much), GS ID, License, library card, video card, ss card, ID Badge for Work, Lifesaver Mints, comb, brush, listerine, hand cream, scissors, glue, mirror, 2 pairs of earrings, JoAnns and Michaels Cards, Credit cards, oil change coupon, sams club card, sanitary pad, Cell Phone, 2 sets of keys, matches, safety pins, allen wrench, crazy glue, tweezers, $5 Mobile gift card, 1 broken bracelet I have to fix, lol, NYS map (just got back from Vacation)Susan B Anthony dollar, advantage vial for my cats, Brochure from the Lucy Desi Museum in Jamestown NY, and my digital camera....

Do I have to clean this bag out or what???????????
Thanks for posting this thread, trainlady it was fun.

Hugs Ladies
Babs
Old 08-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

whats in your purse

Hi
Hee hee I use a fanny pack as my purse and true to my word I have the following:

checkbook
pens(3)
memo pad
loose change
sign language I Love you pin
small calendar
picture of my child med size/picture of dogs/pet pig
small sewing kit
plastic inserts which contain: Drivers license/ssc/medical cards me kid/auto club card/price club card/bank card/misc business/pets pal card/CPR card /child's id card ident a kid/PTA card/discount card Zany Brainy/Hallmark goldcard/video card/special id medical card Im RHneg blood type inregards to my kid
CPR kit mouth piece
chap stick
15 dollars cash
chewed gum that my kid gave me(wrapped in paper) instead of her tossing on the ground
receipts from the trolley
receipts from movie-Stuart Little 2
pokemon cards
glasses
last work check stub
keys-car/ house

As I do this for a joke I have a small dollhouse kitchen sink that I have always carried around

Last edited by secamom; 08-24-2002 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-25-2002, 01:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Okay, lets see I have in my purse:

Tic Tacs
Maxair Inhaler(asthma)
gum w/container
credit card wallet
change purse
large set of keys w/small blockbuster card, MORE card, Sam Goody card
Mary Kay Lipstick(suede, my favorite)
small velet bag, lifesavers inside
2 tylenol tablets(plastic baggie)
2 peptic complete tabs(in plastic baggie)
Avon pen
Listerine cool mint pocket paks
2 pocket knives
broken watch band(need to get new pins)
American Flag pin (got from my bank free)
Dollar coin(yr.2000)
35 cents
dryer fund envelope(money I am saving for a new dryer)
Nips coffee hard candy(1)

Now I have a little purse, but I can get this all in it! lol

This was fun!!!

janet
Old 08-26-2002, 02:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh, this is SO FUN!!!
My friend Jane and I went for lunch today ...I was telling her about this forum and she ended up dumping her purse all over the table to show me what she had!!! HILARIOUS!!!!!

Who's next!!!
What's in YOUR purse???
peace,train
Old 08-29-2002, 10:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ok Ok! Here is the contents og my purse:
Wallet with $2
Prescription card
Bank card
3 checks to take to the bank
aaa card
sunglasses
keys for home and car
keys for work
receipt for a photo album for one of my brides
hallmark certificate
ibuprophen bottle
surpass antacid gum
lollipop
folded paper with addresses on it
assorted pens
barrettes
midol
pin for being a 1 gallon blood donor
call phone

Not too bad, I don't think. I just started carrying a purse 6 months ago! After I gave up diaper bags it was my wallet in my pocket and my cell phone on my hip!

Sharon

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.