Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 07-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Assistant Moderator

Dresses?

I noticed growing up no one wore dresses. For a wedding or dress up yes but on a day to day basis. Everyone lived in jeans or shorts. I also noticed when gals from a city moved to town, they wore dresses, a lot.

What is it like where you live? Do you like dresses? I love dresses and skirts. I have gone through phases in my life sometimes I would wear dresses all the time sometimes not. What do you like?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Now that I am pushing 60 I like long skirts...with a long sleeveless tank, and a short knit jacket over it, epecially if I am in AC.

I love the knee length dresses, but not on me. lol

Hugs, Jan in MI.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Nine Year Member

When I worked at the bank I wore a lot of dresses & skirts but when I managed the appliance repair office I wore slacks or shorts in the summer as I had to climb benches at times. Now mostly I only wear them at church or to a business meeting but my day to day business I don't as I'm in and out of the car to much and wear comfy shoes.

Roberta
Old 07-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Roberta, I love to wear comfy shoes too..I never wear heels anymore.
I always like casual clothes, and prefer cotton too.
I have hanging around the house clothes, and going to town clothes. lol

Hugs, Jan in MI.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I LOVE wearing longer dresses but it's hard to find them to fit me. I have to have them large through the bust then smaller everywhere else. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a small person but my bust is the biggest part of me and I have to get everything to fit the ladies before fitting anything else. If anyone knows of a place that sells the longer dresses please PM me or just leave a message here and let me know. Now I wear capri's or jeans and t-shirts most of the time with my nice comfy croc sandals.
Hugs, Paula

http://summdaysummway.blogspot.com
Old 07-26-2012, 04:34 AM
Nine Year Member

Connie as you know I wear long dresses and skirts. I wear mainly long skirts. I love the "bohemian" style. And they are aall so comfortable.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, I wear dresses and skirts when dressing up, but day to day I wear pants, shorts, and capris. I am petite, so when I get dresses or skirts, unless they are made for petite, they are always longer on me. I like longer skirts/dresses as well as knee length ones. It just depends on what I find. Fun thing the other day I found a dress that was knee length, my husband thought it was too short considering he is used to see me in longer length skirts. It wasn't too short, it is just he wasn't used to seeing me in one that actually went to my knees. LOL I have to laugh about that one. If I find a dress that fits right and is to my knees I will buy it, just can't always find them. I am only 5ft 2 1/2 inches tall. I wear a 16/18 in dresses and shirts. A lot of times I buy skirts and then I can mix them with tops I have gotten. As that way I know the top part will fit right as well as the bottom part. I wear my crocs/clogs a lot when at home. They are so comfortable.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:27 AM
Assistant Moderator

Spam!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thumbs down

Sweet Magnola, Try Roamans.com

I used to have to wear dresses as a child/teen. Growing up in NYC and taking the trains to school there was always some pervert with a hand or something else up my skirt. I feel women are just better protected in pants. Harder for a rapist or molester to get to you. I like dresses for getting dressed up, but not for everyday wear.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Assistant Moderator

I love dresses and skirts problem with being a short person is that most are maxi dresses that drag on the ground for me, I'm short waisted so the waist on dressed sit on my hips.
Also the colours eek they are always olives, rust, browns, black or khaki and they do nothing for my skin tone Im a pinks and blues kinda girl.
Yes I do make my own but my talents are limited and I'd like something different.
I love the crossover dresses but I've not had much luck making one.
In winter I wear long pants and jeans but it's nice to be girly and wear a dress the rest of the year. I wear lots of shorts around the house

Lifestar not being the big city person it never occurred to me what happens on a train.