Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 11-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I bought my 1st long skirt in 2000 and loved it
so that is all I wear no short skirts and don't even own a dress anymore.
Otherwise I am in Capris, dress slacks don't own any jeans. But do
love my sweats and I too have hang around the house and "out ih
public" clothes
Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member

I'd wear dresses more often if it weren't for the pantyhose that have to go with them, and I haven't been able to feel comfortable in the new style of not wearing hosiery and going bare legged, its not about the legs but about the thighs, I just feel so naked under there, even with two pairs of undies on, I want to order some of those cotton briefs with the half legs on them like I see in Vermont Country Store and wear those under dresses in the summer

Lifestar, that is just creepy about the city trains but now that I come to think about it, we always wore shorts under our dresses in elementary and junior high...

for now its jeans and tops and I am tired of that look

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 11-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Assistant Moderator

Ellen you would melt in pantyhose here especially the summer.
I do have a couple of pairs but still only wear them in winter with
a skirt and only to be more formal, maybe once or twice per year.

My skirts come down to just above my knees, I have 2 that go just
below the knee, long skirts do not look right on me.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I am a dress or skirt only Lady. I usually wear mine to mid-calf which is the most comfortable for me for bending and modesty.

I have worn dresses and skirts since reading Deut 22:5 when I was about 30 years old. I once thought I might write a little story about why I wear skirts with my tennis shoes. I still may.. hmmm.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:00 PM

Hmmm interesting topic. I wear a dress once a year for my dh's annual Christmas party, other than that it's jeans in winter, shorts in summer. In the house, I wear thermal long john bottoms and tshirts during the winter months.

Anna
Old 05-29-2013, 06:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifestar View Post
Sweet Magnola, Try Roamans.com
Thank you for the website, Lifestar! I'm sorry I am just now seeing this post, I haven't looked at this forum in a while. I am wearing a good many long skirts and dresses now, especially in this summer heat. Jeans are just too hot and I don't like wearing shorts. I have been thinking and praying of going dresses/skirts only for some time now. I just feel this is for modesty. My jeans are with not tight, I do wear them modestly, I believe and I do not wear men's clothing. I'm just kind of confused about my clothing right now. I have been reading and studying my Bible to learn more about how I should dress. My jeans are tight enough to tell I am a female but loose enough to let you know I am a lady.
Hugs, Paula

http://summdaysummway.blogspot.com
Old 11-04-2014, 08:06 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I see a pleasant mix of all 4 whenever I'm out (jeans/slacks/dresses/skirts). I find I see more younger girls branching out from the traditional, i.e. jeans, and choosing dresses and skirts, whereas the more mature crowd like myself tend to sport jeans and slacks (I wear slacks 99% of the time), due to my figure.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Assistant Moderator

I've been wearing dresses but usually not at home, I'm a shorts and t-shirt person. I have bought 2 new dresses in the last month for this summer that I've already worn. I just have to find the right dress cuts and prints, they seem to think autunm colours suit everyone, NO, and summer is a month away and they are putting out black dresses, what the heck!

Old 11-07-2014, 08:35 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

**Dresses and head covers here.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:02 AM
Nine Year Member

To this day as posted before. Long skirts.....I also wear jeans now and then. And other than that it's my jammies.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills