Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 06-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Jeans and pants

Do you have a particular brand of jeans/pants/slacks/ you buy or do you go with whatever is on sale?

Do you like dark wash or light wash jeans?
What style?.........
Khakis, capris,high waisted or low riders ,dockers, cropped pants............etc

I am basically a jeans girl........I like Lee jeans, dark wash. I have one pair of low riders which I know I am incredibly too old for, but man, are they ever comfortable!! I wear them with Tee shirts tho..no belly exposed, so only I know where they are riding on my hips!! LOL!!!!!!

I have one pair of black pants I wear to church a lot.
I would like to get a couple pair of cropped pants.

hugs,train
Old 06-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I bought a really cute pair of pink stripped, seer-sucker, cropped pants the other day at Hamricks. They are really comfortable. Im hoping to go back and get a red pair too. They go great with light weight t-shirts or you can dress them up a bit if you want to.

I like WalMarts stretch waist jeans. Seems like after having my kids, I cant find a pair of zipper jeans that feels right on me.

I like regular colored blue jeans---not washed light but not dark--and NO "dirty" looking jeans!!

Remember wearing Jordache jeans and thinking that you were so sexy??? Those were the days!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky

As for jeans, my favorite brands are Lee and Levis. I am finding that the low-riders look and feel the best. Like Train said, just don't have your belly exposed (unless you are blessed to have a flat stomach - there is nothing more disgusting than seeing someone's roll of fat hanging out between their low-waisted jeans and a short t-shirt!)

I was watching an Oprah show not too long ago about "what not to wear". The "experts" were harping about Mommy Jeans - those high-waisted straight-legged jeans that some women wear. They were showing before and after pictures of women that wore Mommy Jeans and then wearing low-waisted, flare-legged jeans after their makeover. What a difference!

My sister was always one to wear the Mommy Jeans and I told her about this. She promptly went to Kohls and got a pair of the low-waisted Levis and she said it looked like she lost 10 lbs. She sent me digital photos of her before and after and what a difference! So, please ladies, no more Mommy Jeans, lol. Oh, and they should also be the dark-washed; the light ones make you look heavier.

In the warmer weather, I love capris. I have ones in denim, khaki, and linen.

~Melanie
Old 06-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Assistant Moderator

My favorite brand of jeans are Levis though I will also wear Lee. I love the low rise jeans because I am very short waisted and they aren't low on me, they fit just perfect. I don't think I would ever wear jeans that showed my underwear!
Old 06-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I buy Cascade blues or Chic Jeans with elastic waist since they are the only type that fit me. They make the legs wider than they used to, but they might fit into that category of "mommy" jeans. I prefer the dark blue.

I don't care for those low rider jeans and have never found a pair that fit me since the middle-age spread has taken over my waist. I've never been able to wear Lee or Levi's though since I have large hips and thighs and even did when I was skinny. This will really date me but the old hip huggers back in the 70s fit me better than the high waisted jeans then. It is the opposite now.

In the summer I like any light color of capris

Laura
Old 06-15-2005, 07:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Favorite Jeans

New stretch pants (especially ones with pockets) I never found regular blue jeans to be comfortable once you wear a pair of these you will be hooked. I would dye if they ever go out of style. I own all different colors of them. I have lots of stomach problems and am a little bit overweight, these never hurt my stomach and are so comfortable it feels like you are not wearing any. Don't really care what brand but QVC, HSN brands are the most durable hold up the best. But I have lots of pairs in lots of colors. As I age I go for comfort not fashion statements, if you get them in the colors they look like casual dress pants (this is what I wear to work almost every day). Try them!
Old 09-27-2006, 07:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

LOL
I just had to laugh
My kids make fun of me all the time for wearing those mommy jeans as you call them.
I usually wear Lees or Levis Straus both the light and dark colors
But I think I will try to find a new style just to see how they will look.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Assistant Moderator

I like jeans with a little bit of stretch in them and not skin tight. My colours are dark blue, washed an unwashed wear look, lighter denim blue and a pair of black. No particular brand.
In winter I live in them a pity they take so long to dry when it rains.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have discovered that wearing guys' jeans sometimes works better. One time I accidentally put Big DS's jeans in my drawer instead of his. Didn't realize it until I put them on. They fit me better (and were more flattering) than some of mine! Once he got too tall for them, I "adopted" them
Old 02-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have a really hard time finding jeans that fit well and haven't found a brand that I love yet. I was in Ann Taylor LOFT over the weekend and noticed that they have a great selection of maternity jeans, though. Maternity clothes have really come a long way!