Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Family Love/hate relationship with your sister in law? Situation with your Mom? Plenty of things to talk about here.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:27 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertaD View Post
I generally have to shrink my photos with photo shop to get them to upload.

Roberta
Hmmm... we don't have Photoshop.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:30 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet View Post
Miss Money Penny that would be great to have a streamlined way to post an image. I use a free Photobucket acct to upload photos, but the service has ads galore and it gets in your way. As soon as you close one, one or two come up. I usually get frustrated, and I do NOT want to pay a monthly fee. Grrr.

Your photo sounds so hilarious! and would love to see it.

Wish we could figure out how to get members visiting again, such a great bunch of ladies and I am sure they have good friends to invite too.

I love the "word games" here, the recipes, idle chitchat, and the great advice here too.

I changed my email addy and not getting the messages there and checked the spam folder too.

I wanted to share I got my prize, Now I have to figure out a way to watch it. Do I need a Blueray disc player, or just a DVD drive in my laptop?

I don't have one in my laptop, didn't realize that when I bought it. yikes! (questions from a senior, can you tell?) lol

Hugs, Janet
Janet, thank you for the additional information and advice. Will be asking around and seeing what's the best option for me.

Yes, the picture is hilarious! Can't remember what conversation I was reading where you replied, but it was an older thread conversation and if I read it correctly, my guess is it was cloth diapers and rubber pants in your house, too, when your kids were little?
Old 12-05-2017, 05:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Oh yes Miss Money Penny, I raised 2 sons with cloth diapers, and rubber pants. By the time I had my 2nd son there was a lot of disposable diapers then. I still used cloth diapers. I only used disposable ones when we went to the doctors or the zoo, or traveling.
janet
Old 12-05-2017, 06:07 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning to you, Janet.

Ah-ha... I was right! LOL!

Using old-fashioned cloth diapers sure was economical, and we never had to concern ourselves over sizes, unlike today, and I always enjoyed folding diapers. It was sort of therapeutic for me.

I used cloth diapers fulltime, around the clock, 24/7, 365, at home, away from home, visiting, even a few times when we went away on holidays, though travelling with a plastic bread bag full of wet and dirty diapers under the seat wasn't exactly ideal, but it was frugal.

Janet. Did you line-dry? How about cloth diaper experience before you had kids? Did you babysit (by chance) when you were younger and have to change the old? Remember double diapering?

For me, growing up around baby siblings and changing them, conditioned me as a mom to go with tradition, and with 6 kids in all (two in diapers at a time), cloth diapers were really the only realistic choice for me.

I tell people, when my kids were babies, using cloth diapers wasn't an option, it was a necessity.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:16 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Janet. Check your PM's!
Old 12-23-2017, 10:23 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Attachment 33182

No diaper tapes in this picture! LOL!

Tanner (my youngest) helping with the laundry! Such a busy-body he was, always getting into everything!

Sure to bring back a few memories for all those who remember the days of old-fashioned cloth diapers and rubber pants! LOL!

Last edited by Miss Money Penny; 12-26-2017 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I got the message that the attachment was invalid and to contact the administrator.

Hugs,Janet
Old 12-26-2017, 03:28 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet View Post
I got the message that the attachment was invalid and to contact the administrator.

Hugs,Janet
This confirms what I already know Re: how user (unfriendly) the forum has become.

I had the picture posted right here, on this thread topic, which I left up for a few days, until I noticed no protection was afforded for it, meaning even guests who aren't signed-in could view it, and it was at that point I decided to delete it.

It's obvious to me that album pictures and attachments, even when restricted to registered members, doesn't apply here when posting personal pictures of family members and children.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:30 AM
Nine Year Member

There are new contests up https://www.familycorner.com/forums/contests-prizes/

Roberta