Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Family Love/hate relationship with your sister in law? Situation with your Mom? Plenty of things to talk about here.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Brothers/Sisters

Looking thru the thread it looks like we have lots of different topics on relationships except for brothers and sisters.

So my questions are:

Do you have brothers and/or sisters?
How many?
Do you get along?
Do they live close by?

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 01-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'll start.

I have three brothers, all of whom I get along with. I even get along fine with all my sister-in-laws! But that could be a different topic.

One brother lives in town and we all get together frequently. The other two are retired military and live out of state. We keep in contact by email and phone. My youngest has moved and now lives one state (4 hrs) so we try to get together more often too.

I feel very fortunate that we all do get along so well. We can visit and stay at each other's houses with no problems.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 01-17-2006, 04:01 AM
Nine Year Member

I have 3 half sisters and 1 half brother which I get along well with as well as a step sister that I don't have much to do with (late in life marriage of our parents). Two sisters and the step sister live in town.

Roberta
Old 01-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have two younger brothers and we all get along but have our moments. We all live fairly close together. At least in the same state and connecting counties.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have a brother who lives four hours north and a sister who lives three hours south. We visit every few months or so. Though we are as different as night and day, we do get along well!
I am the oldest.

hugs, train
Old 01-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I had two bio brothers that God called home 6/21/00 and 11/13/03 but I still have one wonderful brother (actually step but he is MY brother in heart where it counts the most) Jerry he and wife Gwen (she is great too) live in Lake City, FL We get along great and never have had an arguement in all these years. God never blessed me with any sisters, Mom lost the only girl besides me when I was 14
Old 01-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Assistant Moderator

I have 1 brother 5yrs younger than me. He lives 75 mins west of me. We get along ok, we kind of have differing views on a few topics though. I guess he's just a little more "out there" than me LOL

Old 01-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have one sister who lives about 2 miles from me we get along pretty good talk or see each other every day

1 brother who lives about 7miles from me and we get along but dont see each other much

1 brother who lives in Ohio we get along but dont see each other but about 4 times a year

Old 01-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lightbulb

I come from a family of 8, 7 were half brothers /sisters. Never ever have considered them anything but my sisters and brothers. 1 brother remains ( living in SD, 1 sister remains ( also living in SD). We email each other every day, I try to visit them at least once a yr.

I do have a half sister who has a half sister which is not my half sister ????

We are a very close family, always have been.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Assistant Moderator

I have one sister. I wish we got along.... she has problems and I refuse to let them rub off on me or mine. I have four SIL's and BIL's, same with the inlaws we don't get along. Wish we did but it is out of my hands. We live close but rarely see each other.