Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Family Love/hate relationship with your sister in law? Situation with your Mom? Plenty of things to talk about here.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I know 2 people who have gone back for their 6 week checks at the docs and found that they are pregnant! Madness, can't even imagine wanting to do that sort of thing before at least 6 weeks...more like a couple of months, but hey, quick healers I suppose, lol.
It must be nice to be able to have good relationships with your siblings, not a thing I ever had since early childhood, still I was one to strike out on my own and escape the clutches of my sister. I wont go into exactly what sort of person she is on here but I am pretty sure that others have similar probs. Glad to have escaped, thats what I say. She isn't a nice person and people are actually beginning to realise that for themselves, and realising that I am a good, kind and loving human being (who just wont be trampled over anymore!).
Old 06-05-2006, 03:18 AM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee
I wont go into exactly what sort of person she is on here but I am pretty sure that others have similar probs.
When I was growing up, my brother was abusive to the rest of us younger ones (He's 9 yrs older than me). Today my mother calls it 'being a bully'. I love my mom to bits, but she missed a lot when we were growing up. My oldest brother was no match for him so he looked the other way. The abuse didn't stop till my brother went into the army at 17. Between the abuse and drugs and generally being a punk, he probabaly would've ended up in jail had he stayed around. It was during his second year in the army that he 'woke up'. He sent my mom an apology letter for being a rotten son and started writing to me (to make up I suppose). Today we're much closer. He's turned out pretty good for being such a jerk, but we'll never be real close.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:27 AM
Nine Year Member

My oldest sister is 13 months older than our brother. Then along came the twins two years later and four years after I was born. In 7 yrs Mom had five kids and two husbands.

My Mom always send it was like having two sets of twins because the oldest two were in diapers together.

Roberta
Old 06-06-2006, 07:33 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

43 years ago we were a blended family of 6 kids. My half brother & I & 4 steps. Then when my dad died so did the family. I do not see any of my so called step-siblings and as for my half brother-he became a crackhead, has been estranged from his wife & two girls (who live down the street from us) so we take care of them & my mom decided long ago there was nothing like my brother, now she has him & his crackhead girlfriend & her crackhead kids (all grown w/kids of their own) piled in on her. She whines & complains but when we try to help, she yells at us that it's her home & her life so now, when she starts with the usual I tell I'm sorry but my life is complicated enough without hearing the same bs that she refuse to change.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have two younger brothers and we are all very close. We make a good team, but I am sad to think that we may never live in the same place again...
Old 01-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

well i have 3 older brothers in nebraska and 1 is a drug dealer 1 is an alcoholic and the other is a christian the good brother 1 younger sister in missouri we dont speak anymore and dont really know why i miss her really bad. shes 21 and in 26 she wont return my letters or phone calls or nothing.my father just got married 4 the 4th time and hes in nebraska too. and my mother passed on july 15th 1999 when i was 17 almost 18 what a sad story but thats my life
Old 01-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I havent any Bros or sisters as thay are in Heaven but when thay were alive we hade a beautiful time together and when thay were killed in a car accident I was devasted , I have 2 SIL one I dont get along with at all the other one is older than me and she is like the sister that I lost, I realy love her

Old 01-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Bunny I am sorry you lost your family and that your SIL is that way.

Andy really sorry about your fam too how sad.

I lost one bro to cancer June 21st of '00 and then the one next to me in age Nov 13th of '04 and still have the younger one he lives in FL. We don't get together often because of lack of $$. But we talk via phone and emails.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks I lost them in 1986 But I did have my best friend my SIL that helped me thay lived in Chicago and she took me there in her car We Lived in Fl at the time, and stayed with me she is a wonderful person Like my DH. but i also have a bunch of Sisters here that I love dearley.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I agree the FC ladies are special in lots of ways. I know when I need prayer can come here and request it and there will be lots praying for my request. Hugs to all