FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Family Time (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/family-time/)
-   -   Home Depot Workshop for Kids (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/family-time/7490-home-depot-workshop-kids.html)

ajrsmom 06-25-2003 03:41 AM

Home Depot Workshop for Kids

Home Depot Kid's Workshop

Kids Workshops are free "How-To Clinics" designed for children ages 6-12, available the first Saturday of each month at all Home Depot stores. Children accompanied by an adult, construct projects from pre-fabricated kits. The kits are designed to be both educational and practical.

Currently, Home Depot's Kids Workshop program offers more than 50 projects including wooden birdhouses, step stools, and sailboats to more educational projects like the plastic bag recycle box and window bird box where kids watch the birds build their nests.

The workshops teach children do-it-yourself skills and tool safety, while at the same time helping to instill a sense of accomplishment. Additionally, the program allows for quality one-on-one time between adults and children.

In addition to the newly constructed project kit, each child receives a kid-sized orange apron, similar to a Home Depot associate's apron and an achievement pin.

Stacy 06-25-2003 03:48 AM

FUN!

This sounds fun. I didn't know they do that. Thanks for the info. We will definitely check into that. My daughter would love that.

ajrsmom 06-25-2003 04:10 AM

Hi Stacy :)

I know that our local Home Depot participates in this. My son hasnt made anything yet but I have been there when kids are walking out with their projects and they are nice. :) The aprons are really cute too......the main reason my son is begging to go there! LOL! ROFLMAO

Abear 01-23-2004 10:56 PM

Re: Home Depot Workshop for Kids

Quote:

Originally posted by ajrsmom
Home Depot Kid's Workshop

Kids Workshops are free "How-To Clinics" designed for children ages 6-12, available the first Saturday of each month at all Home Depot stores. Children accompanied by an adult, construct projects from pre-fabricated kits. The kits are designed to be both educational and practical.

Currently, Home Depot's Kids Workshop program offers more than 50 projects including wooden birdhouses, step stools, and sailboats to more educational projects like the plastic bag recycle box and window bird box where kids watch the birds build their nests.

I've never heard of this before! I've never seen signs advertising this at our HD....but I see signs about workshops for women.........

I am going to call or stop by there tomorrow and see about this as I know both of our DS would LOVE this!!

LovedMom 08-28-2004 05:03 AM

Wooden Mickey Mouse Bookends!

:-P:: That's (pointing to above heading) what my daughter made at one of the workshops and she brought her own apron also. That bright orange "Home Depot" apron with her name on it in black marker. Anyways, these were just unfinished wood bookends and the children were assisted in getting the whole thing assembled so they were the head-shape of mickey mouse and then they brought it home for painting and decorating! We gotta do this again! Maybe my homeschool support group would like it? *hmmmm*:jump2:

ajrsmom 07-31-2006 12:18 PM

This is still going on at most Home Depots. :)