Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Family Time How do you hang out with your family? Share your family time ideas with us!

Old 06-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
End of school/Summer freebie activities for the kids?

What free activities do you have planned with your kids?

>>> My son will take his report card to Family Video for a free video for each A he earns.

>>> He will receive up to 6 free donuts from Krispy Kreme for each A.

>>> Both kids are participating in summer reading programs at our library,
Books A Million's Magic Tree House Adventures (not sure about my ds for this one) - Children who participate in the program and read six books between May 20 and August 1 will receive a free, exclusive Books-A-Million Magic Tree House tote bag to take on their own summer adventures. Children can also enter the “Passport to Adventure” essay contest. The Grand Prize winner receives their very own custom designed Magic Tree House from Kids Crooked House. ( Did you see them on Jon & Kate Plus 8? They are soooo cute!)

and Barnes and Noble summer reading - read 8 books, get one Free.

>>> We will see a couple of free movies at our Regal movie theater. I'm not sure if you can get tickets ahead of time but I will check on this some time this week.

AMC movie camp is $1.00 for each person. You can buy the tickets ahead of time. It's says no outside food allowed but our movie theater allowed all of the kids to bring a back pack with food and drinks.

What freebie activities like this are going on around you?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Nine Year Member

My granddaughter came home with a notice today. Grades 1-3...read 5 books and receive a free Happy Meal....Cute idea for the child and bussiness for McDonald's.....The other kids in the family have to eat to...lol
Old 05-20-2011, 04:00 AM
Nine Year Member

We to do Family Video free rental for each A also. Grade cards get mailed and come late in June so it does get hard to use them all up before the end of the month as the kids are gone 3 days to GS camp as well. Our store has been nice in the past and let you use up the coupons the first part of July also. Last year they gave 2 coupons per A so with two kids we had a lot of coupons to use.

We do the family summer reading program at the library and the kids earn coupons to local resturant's and "junk" toys.

If the local movie theater does the childrens summer movie theater we do that also $5 for 10 weeks of movies is a steal.

We also buy a family pool pass for $130 and take our own snacks all summer. It only takes 8 visits to pay for the pass vs. paying at the door as you go.

I buy the fixings to make banana splits, Sundaies, etc. for the price of one trip to DQ or other ice cream shop we can have ice cream all summer.

Roberta
Old 06-01-2011, 05:51 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

craft fairs, if girls like that sort of things
free museums if you can find them
Old 06-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Once again we are doing the free video/games for "A"s. My son received several so he is sharing the tickets with his sister.

Both of my kids are going to participate in a play that our library is doing for toddlers. They are doing Cinderella.

We are attending library shows as well.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!