Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Family Time How do you hang out with your family? Share your family time ideas with us!

Old 08-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

County Fair Time

Here in the Midwest it is county fair time. Do you have a county fair where you live? What kind of activities and entertainment does it have? Do you attend your county fair?

My county fair is a 4-H & FFA fair with both agricultural and commercial exhibits. There is a variety of entertainment including carnival rides. Here is a link to it's website http://www.kossuthcountyfair.com/
Old 08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Joy we have acounty fair every year.....always the last weekend in July...I run the junior fair exhibts with anouther lady...we come up with the crafts for the kids to submit. Then we are incharge of getting judges and recording all the placements. we then set all the crafts out for all to see in an exhibition hall. We have 4-H and agricultural events, entertainment and lots of other activities. I like it because it take 10 minutes to walk to the fair grounds.

Here is the link to ours Beachburg Fair

We also go to many local communities fairs.......all within 20mins to 1 hour away.

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 08-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Our community is still considered rural so we have a county fair and amny od the smaal towns have fair too

Old 08-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

We use to have a county fair but has been a long time now and I still miss it. Richmond has one and people come from all over the place to it.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I went to our county fair this weekend. They have made a few changes this year that I think have been good for the fair. There is more free entertainment including a lot of local talent as well as others. The food stands seem to have increased too. The Commercial building seemed to be filled to capacity which is a change from previous years. All in all the changes seem to be positive ones that should help increase attendance.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thumbs up

I LOVE the fairs, all of them!!!!!! I used to go to the state fair once with the kids, and then go by myself, so I could do what I wanted (watch all the horses, see the goats, and EAT all the junk food I could stuff in me) without hearing any complaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy
Here in the Midwest it is county fair time. Do you have a county fair where you live? What kind of activities and entertainment does it have? Do you attend your county fair?

My county fair is a 4-H & FFA fair with both agricultural and commercial exhibits. There is a variety of entertainment including carnival rides. Here is a link to it's website http://www.kossuthcountyfair.com/
Old 08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My extended family lives in northwest NJ where they have the NJ State Fair. My dad and brother always enter in one of the more unusual contests: beer brewing. Last year my brother won Best in Show and his beer was featured at a local brewpub. This year Dad got 3rd place.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

How nice for both your dad and brother Barbszy. I use to love to go to the little county one in Pembroke, GA when my parents were alive. I like fairs much better than the circus
Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Because of the distance (this fair is 3 hours away from me) I have only gone to the fair once. The most fun event, I thought, was "mud boggin." There was a football-field-size area that was nothing but mud, and these trucks with giant wheels would try to drive around in it. I think it was some kind of race to see whose truck would get out first.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We actually have 3 going on over here in the PNW (WA) area. Our local county fair, our Evergreen state fair, and a neighboring county fair (not including a Renaissances fair). Free admission before noon on at least one of them, rodeo's at all of them, 4H and petting zoo, and a carnival and at least two of them, an Eddy Money concert at one of them...I'm not sure what everything else is, but I am certain all three will have food. ;-)
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins