FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Family Time (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/family-time/)
-   -   What are your familyís favorite things to do when itís too cold to go outside? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/family-time/24715-what-your-family-s-favorite-things-do-when-s-too-cold-go-outside.html)

ajrsmom 01-14-2009 12:29 PM

What are your familyís favorite things to do when itís too cold to go outside?

:snowing: What do you do to keep the kids from going stir crazy when it's too cold to go outside?

Let's share ideas! I'm always looking for ways to stir things up a bit here at our house.

My kids get bored doing the same old things and end up :boxing: and :taz: with each other and I end up :splat:

This is a multiple choice poll! ;)

Thanks, Barbszy, for the poll topic for this week! :)

Bilby 01-14-2009 02:24 PM

Depends some times we go our own ways, I cook or craft the kids go computer and hubby read technical magazines or potters over electrical/computer problems.
Other times we get together to do the PS against each other or board games. We don't have to spend days on end indoors so probably not really a big problem for us.

Doing the same thing ... I think I get bored before the others, I'm terrible sometimes LOL

LaurieS 01-14-2009 02:51 PM

Since it is just DH and myself, we pretty much do our own thing. He loves sports and I like reading or watching movies.

:birdval:

BuddyBeanieBaby 01-14-2009 08:23 PM

Since it is just hubby and I here we watch movies...or he reads and I work on craft projects or we do a jigsaw puzzle...

Smiles & Hugs...

happymomof4 01-15-2009 02:28 AM

Sense the 2 kids that are left at home are teenagers. We sometimes do things together and sometimes seperate. If it is football we watch it together as a family. Other sports dh watches mostly himself. I usually watch some hockey and baseball with him. Usually I have a book with me.

The girls they like to watch movies, be on the computer. Of course TEXTING all the time to there friends.

The girls and I love to bake and cook together mostly on the weekends.

It is going down in the single digitals here in PA for the next few days. So we will all be hanging out in the familyroom with the wood burning stove going and probably watching movies.

simplysue 01-15-2009 04:06 AM

Other than the things listed in the poll my little guy likes to make a blanket tent using the furniture....winter camping in the living room LOL

CHADSMOM 01-16-2009 07:09 AM

I love to bake new things on a cold day. Reading is always something I do love, so I will catch up on that too. My son and grandkids love board games and we have bunches of them here that are the classics, but we taught even the smaller ones to play and they feel grown getting to play with us...

mrscountrywoman 01-16-2009 12:26 PM

Hi, my guys {husband and son got out of school early} are trapping today. It is snowing here in Missouri {southeast} and we have about an inch on the ground. It is so beautiful. I on the other hand have been battling cold and flu symptoms, so I have been online and watching tv and a nap this morning hours.

ellenmelon 01-17-2009 03:12 AM

Charlotte, that sounds a lot like our house. I put down reading but we do movies too, and of course something warm in the crockpot.

We put in a fireplace in our family room and it is great for viewing but sucks the heat out of the room. How I wish we had done a woodburner. Who would have guessed how cold the house gets with the addition we put on. Nothing like wood heat to be cozy and warm. Our burners are all downstairs.

sandieluvsbears 01-19-2009 09:31 AM

Its usually just dh and I, I will end up on the computer, and he will be watching tv, or sometimes we will watch a movie together. If he puts on a channel I dont like (History channel or Sports) I will end up on the computer, or sewing, sometimes I go into our bedroom and watch tv, (usually at night) we dont watch many of the same shows lol, except for NCIS, and Extreme MakeOver Home.