Time with baby....... - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Family Time How do you hang out with your family? Share your family time ideas with us!

Old 07-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Time with baby.......

Hello. I'm mother to a 3 month old. My first child. She spends a lot of time at home with me, but sometimes I want to take her out of the house. I would go take a walk with her in her stroller. That's the only thing I can think of that we can do together. Any ideas on how to spend time with your infant? Maybe she's too young to do things with me outside of the house?
Old 07-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi

Congratulations on your new baby!!

Here are some simple activities to do with your baby. . .

Read to your baby. He may particularly like stories with a sing-song sound such as nursery rhymes. He will, however, also enjoy just hearing the sound of your voice and might be happy hearing other things such as Bible verses, short stories, or even the magazine you are reading.

Play singing games with your baby such as “Itsy Bitsy Spider” and “Pat-a-Cake” and “This Little Piggy Went to Market.” He will enjoy watching you move your hands and hearing you sing. As he gets older, he will start joining in! If you are in the car, and someone else is driving, these games can sometimes help an unhappy baby last a little while longer in the car.

Blow bubbles for your baby. He will enjoy watching the shiny bubbles and as he gets older he will eventually begin trying to pop them.

Play blocks together. Even before he can build towers of his own, he may enjoy knocking over your towers.

Sit on the ground and let him sit in your lap and lean against you while you play cars, doll house, or a similar activity with an older sibling.

Dance with your baby. Turn some music on and let him move to the beat or pick him up in your arms and dance around the room with him.

Wear your baby in a sling or other soft carrier. He will enjoy watching you do your activities. He will learn lots from watching, plus the movement is good for him, and it help the two of you get to know one another better.

Go for a walk with your baby. You can either wear him in a soft carrier or push him in a stroller. Perhaps go to the park if the weather permits. Talk about the beautiful trees, flowers, and the sky. Point out the animals such as dogs, birds, and squirrels.
Let him sit at the table during mealtimes--perhaps at first in your lap and then in his own chair as he expresses a desire. As he gets older he may enjoy playing with cups and spoons during the meal, and then finally he will enjoy finger feeding himself.

Take a bath together and play and relax in the water. If your baby doesn’t enjoy taking a bath by himself, he might enjoy it if you take a bath with him.

info from suite101.com

Ejoy your little one while she is still small. They grow up so fast!! My son is 6 1/2 and my daughter is 1 already.

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

time with baby

I work at an indoor swimming pool and there are many parents who bring their babies into to pool!! The babies like to play in the water and it is great exercise for mommy as well!!If you live in a town where there is a YMCA that is a great place to go to "Mommy and Baby" play groups as well!! Congradulations, the first is always exciting!!
Old 07-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Assistant Moderator

I suppose on your first child it takes a little confidence to take your baby places cause as we know things happen.
But you learn as you go and when my second came along I took him everywhere with me and he just got used to going to new places and just watching or sleeping.
Walks are great take a new direction so you don't get tired of the scenery, shopping even if it's only window shopping, mine used to sit in a stroller while I got my hair cut, babies stay in a stroller/pram and look at the world, and as they grow they sit and really do take it all in.
We also have many infants in the pools it really depends on what you like to do, just include and talk to them as you go in whatever it is you like to do, as your baby grows include them more, that way it satisfies you both.

Old 07-04-2004, 06:18 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

THINGS TO DO WITH A 3MO OLE

when my daughter and son both were babies i used to take them to the park and swing, id put them on my lap and we would swing, not high just a bit so they could get the feel of it, we also had a little wading pool and i would sit in the pool and sit them between my legs and let them kick the water. they loved it and when they are that young it will help them get used to water and not be afraid of it. my kids went everywhere with me, i never had a babysitter unless it was family, its the trust thing, i didnt trust anyone with my kids. anyway just a couple ideas.

patt
misticrains1
Old 07-05-2004, 06:47 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Baby oh baby

Massage...just beore our son was born, I saw a program on TV that talked about massage therapy for your baby. It was a wonderful way to connect and bond with our son. I can't recall just now what this method was called. Any Moms out there that could help me with the method used?
I loved the feel of the lotion going on his legs and back especially. He would lay there grinning and giggling. I really believe it formed an even stronger bond than ever
Congratulations on your wonderful baby. Enjoy all the touchy-feely time you can now, they may not like it much as they grow older. lol
Old 07-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Babies go everywhere

Wow, when my children were that small they did EVERYTHING with me. I took them to church, shopping, even meetings! I took them to the YMCA for swimming and workouts (in the stroller). As long as they are quiet, people don't mind.

Caroline
Old 07-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have kept five of my grandbabies the first year so they were not in daycare until they were walking. Anyway, I take them everywhere. My routine includes breakfast out every morining at Cracker Barrel. My grandchildren have been in restaurants since they were a week old, so they know the routines and always enjoy those outings. I look forward to a new grandchild in Decemeber and the outings we will share.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I've had 3 of my own and kept children for years till mine were all in school. The first reply was great! I used to put on classical music and get down on the floor with the kids. We'd play and I would tickle their feet. Stimulate them with happy feelings, good music, good touches, bright toys they can chew or mouth, soft cuddly toys. I also took them with me wherever I had to go. Shopping can be a challange for some, but prop them so them can see and talk to them. You get it to a routine of what you need to take. When teething take the Ambasol, a couple of teething rings and a washable ribbon to tie the teethers to the cart so you won't keep having to pick them up off the floor.
Enjoy your baby, take lots of pictures (especially with family) they
grow up so fast!
Old 07-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

time with baby

you will be amazed how fast they grow up, it seems like just yesterday our Hannah waas born and now she will be starting Kindergarten this coming year!!! It is amazing to see the changes in all of my kids everyday!! You never know what they are going to do to surprise you from day to day!! My little ones learned to ride their bikes without training wheels just last month, gee what is next!?!?!