Have you attended a family reunion and have something you can share with us? - Page 3 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 07-06-2013, 10:33 AM

We used to have family reunions every year, but as the family dwindled down, we haven't had them for a while. One of my cousins & I are trying to get one going for next year. We've located alot of cousins, nieces & nephews so hopefully we will have a great turnout.

One of the things we will be doing is a white elephant auction.. we will sell tickets & the money will be used toward the price of the shelter house at the park. I'm thinking about asking about a half & half drawing too.. again the money will go to the cost of the shelter.

The idea of a booklet is great!! We have most of our family info in a private group, so we can make copies for those that don't have that info.

One thing we used to do was one of us would purchase a large ham & cook it.
Everyone locally would bring a covered dish, but for those that were traveling from far away would donate toward the cost of the ham so that the person that got it could get some of the purchase price back. Of course, most of us would donate it back toward the cost of the shelter.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:27 PM
Assistant Moderator

I just attended my boyfriends family reunion where his aunts, uncles and cousins came from all across the country. They rented a huge house that used to be a boarding house (5 bathrooms, 9 bedrooms, and a huge kitchen in addition to two porches and several other sitting/dining rooms) It was just up the street from the ocean. Last night we had a huge barbecue and lots of good food, this morning was a big breakfast of pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, coffee etc. We had to leave after that but most people are staying for most of the week. In two weeks my family is having a reunion and are going to be at a state park on Sebago Lake. It should be a fun time. We are barbecuing and bringing salads and desserts to share. We will also have kayaks and swimming, fishing and horseshoes. Should be lots of fun.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 07-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Nine Year Member

we're trying to get a reunion together for this year, I let someone else suggest it-since I've been trying for sometime to get one organized but they're still not doing anything about it.. and they did get responses from people wanting to come. I'm hoping to be able to rent a pavilion or the community building at a local park for September and get it planned. The older generation is dwindling and I find myself part of the 'new' older generation, trying to get the younger generations together so they know they have other family members out there, even if they don't see them often.
Once I can get it planned and everyone attends they'll have fun, it's just like pulling teeth for people to plan anything.. LOL

Sammi sounds like both reunions you're attending are lots of fun.. that's what I'd like for our reunions, but so far that's not happening, but we still have fun visiting.