Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Family Corner Photo Album Our members LOVE sharing photographs! Whether it's pets, babies, scenic shots or what have you, come check them out here.

View Poll Results: Do you have a tattoo?
Yes 21 30.88%
No 47 69.12%
Maybe 0 0%
I am not telling! 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Here are two pics of my tat's. The first one is of the seven butterflies on my lower back. Each one represents my living children. Each child picked their own color. This photo was taken immediately after I was tattoo'd that is why you will see some swelling and redness on my back. It was actually taken in the tat parlor. The 2nd pic is of my left wrist. That one was for my grandson Maddic. It is also a cover up. There used to be a heart w/a banner with someones name. But you can't see that at all anymore!
Teresa you made me giggle, because I think that we will all have different views of what is ugly for a tat. For instance, my husband likes skulls. So he has a skull, with the sign of the eld from a stephen king novel in its forhead and my name under it. I love it. We also both have matching tat's of a huge spider web on our left shoulder's with a big spider in it [the web is light purple and the spider green our two fav colors] and I have his name in the web, he has mine. But I think we both would agree on the subject of disrespectful and something to be ashamed of. I don't like nude ppl tattoo'd on bodies, but that's me.
Can't wait to see more tat's. I will post the one of the spider when I find that cd with it on it.
Fish3711
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Felicia, those butterflies are beautiful. Are some of them fresh?
Old 12-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

just subbing ill take picture of mine when i get my legs shaved lol and then post it

Old 12-18-2005, 11:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I am 50 y/o and got my tat when I first turned 19. I believe that one should only get a tattoo for a personal and spiritual reason, not because it's cute or cool or because others are, and definitely not because you're drunk!

At 19, we have this feeling of omnipotence and omniscience, we can do ANYthing with our lives in front of us. I wanted to *freeze* that feeling before I lost it. The tat helped me remember that as I later got married and had two kids. I'm a better mother for having that constant and permanent reminder. When I turned 48, I felt my purposes had changed, and my two kids took me out on my b'day to have the now-faded rose reworked. I designed my own tat: a dreamcatcher, to remind me that I am not my age and I still have dreams. Now I am 50 and I adore my tat! My kids are 24 and 19 and we are all close, and they feel that they made it through the turbulent teen years with a mother who had some idea of what it feels like.

My husband has never liked tattoos, nor piercings, even pierced ears. But we have a mutual respect and it was never a problem. He isn't crazy about our daughter's tats, but c'est la vie.

Rani

Last edited by kasparcat; 12-18-2005 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have 5. A heart with a ribbon with my dd's name in it, an ankh (Egyptian symbol for life), my astrological sign, a tiny heart, and one going acroos my lower back. I will be getting one more. I designed it when I was in 7th grade. It's changed a little since then but not much. The biggest change is that my ds's name will be on it.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

DeBora, the pics I posted of my tat's those were done in FEB of 2005.
Fish3711

Old 12-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Fish3711, beautiful butterflies! I love them..

Do you ever have to get them recolored?

Can they cover a scar with a tat? or does that skin not color?

Hugs, Janet
Old 12-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I recently read that scars take tattoo ink differently than other skin. Sometimes a tat can hide a scar and sometimes it will make it look worse--depending on how deep the scar is. I don't know if that it true or not.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Got a tattoo?

Yes, I have a rose on my ankle!
Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have not had to recolor any of my tat's as of yet. But reds fade quicker than others and I think eventually I will have to have them spruced up. As for scars, one of mine is over a scar. However it isn't a really bad scar but it was about 1/4" wide and you don't see it. I think you would have to ask a tat artist who has done a lot of tat's that question because I honestly don't know for sure.
Fish3711

Closed Thread