Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Family Corner Photo Album Our members LOVE sharing photographs! Whether it's pets, babies, scenic shots or what have you, come check them out here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Very nice job Deb...I use to make for my kids but they weren't as nice of a job as yours but the kids always liked them.
I was trying to save 5 or 6 bucks per child now the store costumes are really skimpy and cheap looking and cost so much. Making them is nice. Do you save them from year to year and trade with other friends . That's what I did.After the kids grew up I got rid of a lot of the little kids ones but I should have kept them for the grandkids what a hoot that would of been. I do have a BIG box or two of hats noses, nails, teeth,ears, body parts and costumes and wigs. all the plastic stuff gets washed in bleach at the end of season and I was what can be ...spray a few things...it is a neat thing to do. I remember I made a "I dream of jeanie" costume for my dd out of a sheer curtain and a velvet vest I got from the good will. I made puffy sleeves and sewed them onto the vest and then made a gathered pair of pants out of some ...put elastic in top of the pants and bottom of each leg...and mad a veil with elastic to hook over ears. she wore a pink pair of tights under the pants and a tee shirt under the vest..think it was first grade....loved that costume...maybe I see if I can find a pic.
Sorry i "talked" so much...but those costumes triggered a lot of memories.....THANKS so much dearheart.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Candy, i'm sure your costumes were beautiful!! The I dream of Jeannie one sounds so cute!! I keep all my costumes I don't have the heart to let go of them. I have my costumes from when I was a kid too and the kids have worn them . we have lent them out but they all have used them for plays and other school or church functions. By the way you did not talk to much!!!

Well here is my youngest paige as "Sylvester"

Hugs
Debbie
Attached Images

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 10-28-2004, 03:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This is just a close up of Sylvesters face!!

Hugs
Debbie
Attached Images

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 10-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

deb
Sylvesters eyes are twinkling....you can tell your kids like their costumes. AND if i had made such nice costumes I would not have parted with them either. Those are a priceless gift to pass down someday after years of enjoyment.... and in a hundred years or so what a link to the past for some lucky family members.
My mind is always workin...you need to make a scrapebook to acompany the costumes.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:38 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Dang, Debbie, you're good! LOL

I love making costumes, too, but our girls' mom is kind of iffy about Halloween being "heathen," so it's only been the last couple of years that she's let them do anything Halloweenish. They usually find out they're getting to go trick-or-treating at the last minute & just throw something together. Sigh...

So, no pics of 'em! But our neighbor brought her 3-month-old son Tanner over last night to get pics of him in his first Halloween costume. He was sooooooo cute! We could not get him to smile, though, so he made a very somber and/or grumpy little cow.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2004, 08:53 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Jacob

hi
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Very cute Renee. Jacob looks so happy!!! Is he excited about the big halloween weekend?? All kids should have such a big grin on their faces!!!!

hugs
Debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 10-29-2004, 09:04 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

lol

He has been ready since last year, now when tomorrow is over he will be ready for his B-day December 6th and he had been ready for christmas since DEC 26th 2004 rofl
Old 10-29-2004, 09:14 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yep this me me

here is me and Jacob lol i have no clue what he was doing rofl
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

okay now don't everyone laugh to hard, i know this is a thread for kids costumes but my son took one of me today as a rag doll.

Renee....nice pic of you and Jacob....looks like you ahve a great relationship!!!

Hugs
Debbie
Attached Images

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Closed Thread