Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Family Corner Photo Album Our members LOVE sharing photographs! Whether it's pets, babies, scenic shots or what have you, come check them out here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

looking over the pictures, Lovemom, you are one pretty lady

Coll, it good to put a face to your name even if it was a younger picture of you and you are a very cute young lady in that picture.

Sueanne, yes our pictures of the past are getting a little darker but still we can enjoy them and pass them on to the next generation, where they can see how much pictures has changed. In so many ways you look the same in the face. just age a little but hey so have I. LOL
all of you made lovely brides. I wish I could scan some of my wedding pictures to show you...but until I can get a scanner just have to wait.

thanks to all that posted.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Wow!! I've been away too long -- a "new" photo thread!! LOL

I figured I'd post our wedding pic, too. Yes, Jamus is in a kilt, and that's a real horseshoe in my bouquet; that's an old Irish tradition for good luck, but I quickly realized why modern brides in Ireland carry smaller, lighter replica shoes instead of the real thing. My bouquet kept wanting to tip forward from the weight!
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2005, 05:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Carolyn

Beautiful wedding picture........and yes you have been away to long.....we have missed you!!!!! Great to have you back. Thanks for sharing your special day with us.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Carolyn - glad to see you back. Your boquet was lovely. I had never heard of the horseshoe in one before.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 09-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Beautiful wedding photo, Carolyn and Jamus!!!

hugs, train
Old 09-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcardinalbird
Your boquet was lovely. I had never heard of the horseshoe in one before.
Thanks! Since we did the "wedding on the cheap" thing, I did my own flowers in silks. Obviously, as shown by the pic, I really needed to trim the orange blossoms on my own headpiece , but the bouquet and the girls' headpieces came out nice. My oldest step-dd had a flower wreath in her hair with long ribbon streamers, and her younger sisters had flowered hairclips with lots of ribbons. With an outdoor ceremony, I only made an ivy ring for the base of the unity candle and a fern-y green arrangement for the candle table (which I forgot all about and left at home! LOL) Still, I think the flowers looked as good as a lot of ones I've seen from florists, so I was pretty proud of 'em. As for the horseshoe, yeah, modern Irish brides supposedly carry cute l'il porcelain, pewter, etc. horseshoes, rather than the real thing. I've even seen them sewn out of silk and stuffed, which looked much cuter than it probably sounds. But, noooooooo, I had to be a purist and get a real shoe from the farmers' co-op.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:47 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

roisindubh,
I would have done the same thing usied a real horseshoe.
Coll
Old 09-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

wedding pic.

Hi
I want to say every one of you ladies on your wedding you were all beautiful ladies . I can't post any cause we went to the Judge and got married both time I was married. Thank you all for shareing. BEAUTIFUL PIC.

HUGS

Old 02-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Great idea to post wedding photos! I love them all but SUEANNE you look like a movie star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is my wedding photo. We were married July 27th 2001. I have more but this one was easy to grab off my screen saver on my computer and the 2nd one is me at the Hilton in Daytona Beach where we went for the 1st night, our honeymoon was at Anna Maria Island, west coast of Florida and I love it there. We got married at this place called Washington Oaks State Park in Palm Coast [or it might actually be St. Augustine] FL. It's a really beautiful state park and we had some photos done in the rose gardens.
Fish3711
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Felicia what a beautiful picture in the rose gardens, your dress looks very pretty. The picture on the beach is beautiful....I can hardly wait to see some of those beaches in May!!!

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Closed Thread