Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Family Corner Photo Album Our members LOVE sharing photographs! Whether it's pets, babies, scenic shots or what have you, come check them out here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh my gosh....

well I sure couldn't! How adorable!

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 02-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

This is our rat terrier..notice the attitude....*s*
Attached Images

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 02-03-2004, 03:59 AM

Jeannie-

Cute terrier

Anna
Old 02-03-2004, 04:04 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeannie
This is our rat terrier..notice the attitude....*s*
Such a pretty coat!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks Amanda and OSI..

Here is Zor sitting with my husband....*chuckle*
Even though he's protection trained, he's a baby *s*
Attached Images

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 02-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Aw....Zor is beautiful. I wish Lobo's ears would stand. Oh well, I him any way. He is 6 mos. so more than likely his ears are as is, although he can stand them up when he wants.

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 02-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Scooter, our Rat Terrier, is a pound puppy.. we got him when he was 10 weeks old....undernurished and my dh and I were afraid for him....we got him hust in time... here's a picture of him the day we got him....look at those eyes..he weighed 4 lbs. that's a starving pup.... but you see him today in the other picture... *s*
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2004, 09:14 AM

Oh Jeannie-

What a precious sweetheart!

Can you tell I love dogs, especially mutts

Anna
Old 02-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Anna.. I bred German Shepherds for many years... as well as border collies.... however, I've owned (rescued) a few purebreds and mutts as well... we trained them for the handicapped at our expense.... we fed, trained, vetted and housed them until we found a suitable human for them, then we would specialize train to suit the individual. ......the only thing we asked for was that they pay for spay or neuter and shots.... Would you believe some people balked at having to pay those charges? They had no idea what the cost would be to have a dog specially trained....( around $8,000).....

Word spread rapidly and we were offered dogs by breeders who had too many dogs...or people that couldn't keep their dogs.
You would be surprised how many bad breedings there are out there.. People who don't know what they are doing, but just breed with no regard to temperament or health.

We kept ownership of the dog....so that in the event that the dog was not treated properly, we could remove the dog. Also, we kept in contact with all those that had one of our dogs, so that we could do brush up training...or train new things. It also was a way to help the person work the dog in its tasks.

If people would on realize that having a dog is a life long commitment, that owning a dog means you are responsible for its behavior, health and well being, and just as importantly to train it to be a good citizen.......and it's not a disposable item like tissues...

We used to do seminars in the park. The first session was without their dogs.. It lasted 2-3 hours.. and it was jammed packed with information on behavior, health, feeding, caring for, housing of, etc. My partner and I had our dogs with us...we usually took about 6 dogs...4 shepherds....and 2 others...
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2004, 09:47 AM

Wow, the shephards sure look intimadating! We just had on the news day before yesterday Ohio State University got their first police dog, he is trained just to sniff out bombs, not drugs. And one of the K9 police dogs just busted some guys coming into Columbus with 1 million dollars worth of cocaine hid in their car. Good dogs!!!

I was just telling dh the other day, I think pet stores should not be allowed to sell dogs nor should they be able to sell them in homes without some sort of precertification certificate. There are just too many irresponsible people out there. Our first dog totally destroyed our house (ate couch, loveseat, dental partial, window seal) and dh said "We should take her to the pound" I said No way, we bought her she is our responsibility" and after talking to my vet and some other people I worked with, we realized she was suffering from seperation anxiety.. she was a puppy (turned into a 85 lb. boxer/rottweiler). so we crated her until she was a little older about 1 and then gradually let her spend time out of the cage when we weren't home and of course, left her cage open for her to go into if she wanted. We had her for 3 years till she had that stomach flip thing happen (I forget the technical term). It broke our hearts to loose her, took 3 dogs to replace her.

Anna

Closed Thread