Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Family Corner Photo Album Our members LOVE sharing photographs! Whether it's pets, babies, scenic shots or what have you, come check them out here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 05:23 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle my jars

any comments welcome
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2003, 05:24 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle here's another

another jar that I just finished, I think that I'm already addicted
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2003, 05:26 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

here's the last jar

I am selling these at the local consignment store. I think I may try a laundry loot one next. I love to see everyone's work, you are all very talented.

Dawn
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2003, 06:16 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Very cute!! And you are so right, they can be sooooo addictive!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 08-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey there! Jar Craftss!!!

Hey Dawn, I just found this thread and your jars are cute!!! I love the everybirdie welcome and the lily. And I thought you just painted on wood. I love jar crafts too and terra cotta pots.

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 09-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

sharing some of mine too..

If its ok.. I would like to share one of mine, but.. I need help with this one.. its a Halloween lamp, and I need to figure out how to decorate a lamp shade to "go" with her. I was thinking of painting one up to look like a straw hat? what would you ladies do? She is supposed to be a goblin.. but could be a witch.. only I dont want to put a black shade on her .
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

another one ....Piggy

Last year , I painted up a bunch of jars to look like puppies.. they had felt ears and I filled them up with "puppy chow" snacks.. I originally made them to donate to an auction at club I belong to, and they were a huge hit! I had orders right up to christmas time for them and they sold for 15.00 a piece ! One lady asked me to make her a pig, a cow,a scotty dog.. this is the rough draft of the pig i made her.. I modified it of course to look better, but I dont have any one hand to show you girls.. i only have the rough draft.. I was thinking about making more this year of the puppies.. If i do, I will make sure i post a picture of one.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

anyone try any of these yet ?

I am trying to perfect these ... I painted up some Mrs butterworth's syrup bottles but I need to work on the faces a bit more.. my digital camera doesnt work so well, so the faces actually look worse in the pictures than they do in person
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

first off, welcome to the family! Paintingnut your jars are sooooo cute. Well done!!!

What about a dark blue/purple shade with a halloween scene of a moon, picket fence, tree, cats, pumpkins, ghosts, etc.... painted around the bottome of the shade?

I love the puppy chow treat jar idea!!! You know, people just love their pets, I know my mom treats her little Duke (mini poodle!) like he's my brother! LOL I love the pig jar - what a cute face!

I do a potted gumball pot with a cow's face but I haven't tried any other animals yet. I'm not very good with animals yet. Flowers are my forte!

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 09-22-2004, 04:39 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

First of all, thank you for welcoming me to the group! and thank you also for the idea! That sounds like it would go great with her ! thank you thank you ! You ladies all have such great ideas and everyone is so talented, I am so lucky to have found this group!

Oh.. and could i possibly see one of your cows? That sounds like such a cute idea...
also... the puppy chow treats are for humans..

Last edited by paintingnut; 09-22-2004 at 04:42 PM.

Closed Thread