FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Family Corner Photo Album (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/family-corner-photo-album/)
-   -   Crafts- Jar Photos (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/family-corner-photo-album/12614-crafts-jar-photos.html)

neepex27 06-16-2003 05:23 AM

my jars

1 Attachment(s)
any comments welcome

neepex27 06-16-2003 05:24 AM

here's another

1 Attachment(s)
another jar that I just finished, I think that I'm already addicted

neepex27 06-16-2003 05:26 AM

here's the last jar

1 Attachment(s)
I am selling these at the local consignment store. I think I may try a laundry loot one next. I love to see everyone's work, you are all very talented.

Dawn

Amanda 06-16-2003 06:16 PM

Very cute!! And you are so right, they can be sooooo addictive! :)

cynstenquist 08-26-2004 01:22 PM

Hey there! Jar Craftss!!!

Hey Dawn, I just found this thread and your jars are cute!!! I love the everybirdie welcome and the lily. And I thought you just painted on wood. I love jar crafts too and terra cotta pots.

paintingnut 09-22-2004 11:28 AM

sharing some of mine too..

1 Attachment(s)
If its ok.. I would like to share one of mine, but.. I need help with this one.. its a Halloween lamp, and I need to figure out how to decorate a lamp shade to "go" with her. I was thinking of painting one up to look like a straw hat? what would you ladies do? She is supposed to be a goblin.. but could be a witch.. only I dont want to put a black shade on her .

paintingnut 09-22-2004 11:34 AM

another one ....Piggy

1 Attachment(s)
Last year , I painted up a bunch of jars to look like puppies.. they had felt ears and I filled them up with "puppy chow" snacks.. I originally made them to donate to an auction at club I belong to, and they were a huge hit! I had orders right up to christmas time for them and they sold for 15.00 a piece ! One lady asked me to make her a pig, a cow,a scotty dog.. this is the rough draft of the pig i made her.. I modified it of course to look better, but I dont have any one hand to show you girls.. i only have the rough draft.. I was thinking about making more this year of the puppies.. If i do, I will make sure i post a picture of one.

paintingnut 09-22-2004 11:39 AM

anyone try any of these yet ?

1 Attachment(s)
I am trying to perfect these ... I painted up some Mrs butterworth's syrup bottles but I need to work on the faces a bit more.. my digital camera doesnt work so well, so the faces actually look worse in the pictures than they do in person

cynstenquist 09-22-2004 01:35 PM

first off, welcome to the family! Paintingnut your jars are sooooo cute. Well done!!!

What about a dark blue/purple shade with a halloween scene of a moon, picket fence, tree, cats, pumpkins, ghosts, etc.... painted around the bottome of the shade?

I love the puppy chow treat jar idea!!! You know, people just love their pets, I know my mom treats her little Duke (mini poodle!) like he's my brother! LOL I love the pig jar - what a cute face!

I do a potted gumball pot with a cow's face but I haven't tried any other animals yet. I'm not very good with animals yet. Flowers are my forte!

paintingnut 09-22-2004 04:39 PM

First of all, thank you for welcoming me to the group! and thank you also for the idea! That sounds like it would go great with her ! thank you thank you ! You ladies all have such great ideas and everyone is so talented, I am so lucky to have found this group!

Oh.. and could i possibly see one of your cows? That sounds like such a cute idea...
also... the puppy chow treats are for humans..