Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Family Corner Photo Album Our members LOVE sharing photographs! Whether it's pets, babies, scenic shots or what have you, come check them out here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Waaaaaayyyyy cute! I love it. Pattern or website please?
You'll have to post pics when you're done - I'd like to see your bear version of it!!!!!!! Thanks sandie!

love, cyn

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 01-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Cyn, The website is www.CraftatHome.com
Usually when I see something like that and I like it, Ill use the idea but change it alittle too,like in this one I already have a bear head to use.It is cute though,my dd actually wants it with the doll faceLOl, that was a hint for me to make it for her!!
Hugs Sandie
Old 01-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you Debbie. It was fun to make. I need to post my Smilie one and a boot one I did. They were fun also. I am working on some other projects now.
Stormy
Old 02-21-2005, 10:23 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Wow! All of your jars and projects look great. I had bought some jars last year at christmas time because I wanted to make some as gifts for christmas. I didnt realize when i bought the jars that the word Mason was on the jar and sticking out pretty visibly. Do any of you use these jars and if so do you just put your design on the opposite side? does it look alright? Thanks, andrea.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:42 AM

Qualityqueen1974

If you sponge paint the jar it won't be noticable.

Anna
Old 02-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Andrea, I will either sponge paint my gesso on or I will brush paint it on over the words. I paint my design on the opposite side. I shade the top and bottom brown (depending on design) and splatter paint all over. It's not as noticeable as you would think. I use pickle and mayo jars, too.

I use pint jars for my pump dispensers and it's kind of fun to have the Kerr/Ball raised letters on the back side. Lends to the country/folkart look.

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 02-21-2005, 06:18 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Sandie,

Hi. I love the clay pot angel. I am hoping to make one this spring. I'd like to have one in my rose bed.

Coll
Old 02-22-2005, 06:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yes Coll, I love that too, my dd wants one and Im making another with (of course) a Teddy bear head,I will take some pix if I ever get them done I have a zillion things going on right now and not one thing is finished,lol.
Hugs Sandie

Hi Cyn nice to see you posting!!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:19 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

thanks for the tip cyn. I will give it another try. i have all the supplies just have been discouraged to actually complete one.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I like your decorated jars. I once did some for christmas, I used leaves and pressed them onto to glass jars and then put foam and silk flowers in them and gave as a gift to someone and saved one for myself. I think I might do that again, as i have a collection of jars around from when we moved into this house in 2000 and jars were left empty on a shelf in the garage. Thanks, for the great jar craft ideas too. I enjoy crafts a lot.

God bless.

Closed Thread