Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Family Corner Photo Album Our members LOVE sharing photographs! Whether it's pets, babies, scenic shots or what have you, come check them out here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

As soon as I can get ahold of a camera, I will post the cow - she's cute.

Let me know how your lamp turns out!

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 09-23-2004, 03:39 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

what the puppies looked like ..

this is what the puppies looked like .. they were filled with the puppy chow snacks in the previous post.
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh my gosh! He is the cutest thing. What a creative idea. You scored with this one!!!

I promise to post some of mine, soon!!

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 09-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thank you both so much .. you girls are really so kind ! I have worked with the faces, and I think now I have them just right.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:47 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

PaintingNut, they are sooo cute and unique!!! what a fun idea! Wouldn't they cute to display in a country kitchen? Or you could use it as a base for a lamp? You would have to fill bottle with marbles to weigh down. What are you going to do with yours?

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 09-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thank you ! They really would look nice on a counter top in a kitchen some where.. they will be both donated next month to a christian womans group auction. where they go from there ... who knows? Last year the puppy jars I made were donated to the auction and ended up getting me tons of orders and kept me busy until christmas ... gave me plenty of christmas shopping cash. I may or may not get orders for these this year.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:59 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I don't know pnut - your Jemima Jars are every bit as fun and cute as the Puppy Chow jars. You may get lots of orders again to keep you very very busy! Cross my fingers for you!!!!

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 10-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Oh ladies these are addorable!!!! Do any of you have any with Gingerbread Men on them? I love gingerbread men things. My entire kitchen/dining room is done in them, including my monitor, printer, and keyboard covers!

You will be forever missed Breezy...

Love, Your FC Family
Old 10-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh ladies i jsut found this thread love all your jars and the aunt jamima jars love them can someone tell me how to do it do you need special paint and what do you base coat them with i would love to try to make one

Old 10-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lightbulb

Hi BoggsZ,glad you found us, too!

I recently found out that the way I paint my jars is not the correct way according to Certified Decorative Painters! Oh well, I haven't had any problems with the way I do it and my method was recommended by Cindy Trombley who has published a few books, Jars I, II, III series.

I wash all jars with hot soapy water, let dry completely. I take alcohol and rub on the outside if jars sit for awhile before I paint. I love to use gesso to basecoat all my jars. I usually paint 2 - 3 thin coats (important to let dry thoroughly between each coat). Then I basecoat with my background color using acrylic paints - paint design. Let dry thoroughly and varnish with Delta Interior/Exterior Varnish - I however, use PermEnamel Glaze (Glossy) over my entire jar to seal in, which I recently found could lead to problems down the road. I've been doing my method for 2 - 3 yrs and have had no problem but then I do not soak or dishwash my painted jars - I tell my customers to wipe down with damp cloth.

I use the PermEnamel Glaze on my terracotta pots (birdfeeders, chimes and coasters) and have had no problems. My mom uses the coasters alot and have had not problems with the paint or the glaze.

Well, that's my method. If you have questions, let me know.

Have fun painting!!!!!!!!!!!

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?

Closed Thread