Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Family Corner Photo Album Our members LOVE sharing photographs! Whether it's pets, babies, scenic shots or what have you, come check them out here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Chadsmom, That is too funny. I hope the turtle didn't have a heart attack. He put that shell to good use!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Debbie - Chewy has pretty coloring.

Coll - We had a houdini dog.

Chadsmom - at least he didn't get to the fish before you heard him and was just playing with the turtle.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Deb she is so cute i bet you and the kids cant wait to get her home

Diane that is so funny good thing it wasnt a snaping turtle

Old 06-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Nine Year Member

here are some good pics of my strays & a special visitor

the 1st one is 'Big Boy'
next is Princess
then Princess, Boots, & Sister
a 'special' visitor
and the kitten one of my strays had (it got away again)
Attached Images

Last edited by dval; 06-17-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:06 PM

You better hope that your special visitor remains a visitor and doesn't try to move in, LOL.

Coll
Old 06-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coll
You better hope that your special visitor remains a visitor and doesn't try to move in, LOL.

Coll
My deck is right outside the two living room windows and the bathroom window. If he had sprayed it would have come straight into the house! I went outside making a lot of noise so he would go away.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Donna - the kitten is a cute litle one, as are the others.

I agree with not letting the visitor stay. We get them visiting down at the lake and are always scared they are going to spray the raccoons or opossums when they fight over food but so far they have not.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

There are so many cute cats. I love the baby ones. It is a shame they don't stay small. They're adorable like that, and when they are grown they still are loveable. But, everytime I see a baby one, I just melt. ~~Puppies, too.

My Sambo was four weeks old when I got him, and weighed one lb., and one ounce. He now weighs 11 lbs, and eight ounces.

I'd like the opinions of others about the use of flea medication if someone could clue me in. I had used Advantage in the beginning, because the vet said it was the best. ~~~It SHOULD be. It costs $66.00 for six small tubes, plus a free one if the pack is bought. It does work wonders, but, with two cats that would be $132.00 for only seven months. Can you see what it would cost to keep using it?

Well, I bought some Frontline, which still is not a "giveaway", and when I read the directions it tells all the precautions to take before using, and then it says to spray the whole cat, (being careful to avoid the eyes, and mouth) until the coat is completely wet. NOW~~can you believe that???
Cats always are licking themselves, so, who, in his/her right mind, is going to do that??? I cannot, so the medication is sitting. I have gone so far, in desperation, to put gloves on, spray a couple fingers, and rub on the back of the head, but I don't think it is helping at all.

So, I thought I would ask other cat-owners of outdoor cats what they use.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.

Last edited by Blondie; 06-17-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:02 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

blonde i use revalution on my cat its treats for fleas tick and also ear mits its i think 12 or 13$ a month from the vet

Old 06-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Blondie, we use Advantage too. We only have the one cat. I did stop putting it on him and I noticed he got fleas so right back to it for us.

Closed Thread