Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 06-06-2006, 07:23 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Anyone else moving in?

Seems the more the merrier. First it was just ydd & I, then I married(3 or 4 yrs ago). Then ydd got serious with someone & now we are expecting anyday. Next ds, ddil, dgd moved in with us due to financial problems & they are having a baby the end of Jan, the first of Feb...my ydd bff has just moved back after being gone for over 3 yrs. She's like one of my girls & we have on our sofa at least 3-5 days a week...I just wonder, anyone else moving in? I was expecting yds for the summer but with college, work & a new girl, we have to go see him. We thought great, dh & I will go down see our other two down south have a little time together & guess what....you got it, all the kids are now starting a separate savings to go with us as a FAMILY VACATION. Luckily dh & I have already to sneak off as soon as baby #3 gets here & both are adjusting well, he & I will get away for a long weekend
Old 06-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow, you do have a houseful, 5 adults (plus 1 part-time), 1 child with two more soon to come. Do I have that right?

Family vacations are great but so is alone time, so I hope you find some and enjoy it.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 10-20-2006, 06:00 PM

This is funny.
Jenn says she never wants to move back home, she likes living on her own. Miriam loves Andrew but hates sharing a room with Maddie so she wants him to move to the dorm so that she can have his room, LOL.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Nine Year Member

sheilanfl, I know where you are coming from. Right now we have 4 adults and 2 children living here-at least it's 4 bdrms, but the two dgd's share a room now so we have a spare room if needed. Before my two youngest dd's moved out though my oldest with her dh and dd moved back in so at one time we had 7 people in the house. dd#2 moved out during that time-after graduating hs, so we were down to 6. After 5 years dd#1 with dh and dd found their own house, so we were down to 3-dh, me and dd#3. dd#1 got pregnant after being on their own about a year. dgd#2 was 3 months early-dd#1 with dh and two dd's moved back in; back up to 7 people. After 2 years dd#3 got pregnant, got married and moved out-actually she had practically moved out before she got married. Down to 6. This past April dd#2 decided she didn't want to be with her bf anymore and needed to move-here was the only place-we added dd#2 with her two ds's for 1 week and they went back to bf. Hopefully we won't have anymore additions for a long time-dd#1 won't have any more babies, dd#2 had a new one in Sept, but won't be having anymore, dd#3 had one in March and can have all she wants-as long as she has a house to put them in LOL