Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Exercise and Equipment Looking into a stair climber? Maybe a treadmill? Talk to others here and ask their opinions.

Old 08-17-2002, 06:54 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

ISO: Exercise Videos

Hi! I'm looking to buy an exercise video. I don't want to waste my money on a video that I won't use. The last video I bought was too fast paced for me. The girl didn't give you time to learn the steps--she just raced on!!

I'd like to know what videos anyone here is using, and if they are worth the money.

Thanks,
Tami
Old 08-17-2002, 07:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Our library has exercise videos you can check out and that way you can see if you like them and not waste money on them if they stink. I do own some yoga tapes that I like to use for a general stretching thing...my guys sit and laugh while I stretch....funny thing..I am the only one who can touch my toes! lol

janet
Old 08-24-2002, 06:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I found that walking is more beneficial to me than exercise videos. I have purchased many over the years and also borrowed free ones from the library. If you really want the videos I suggest purchasing used ones at a flea market so if you get bored with them it wouldn't have cost much.

I started walking and really enjoy it. It gives me free time for my mind to wonder and I have time to reflect and also time to decide my game plan for the week.
Old 08-24-2002, 01:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

iso exercise videos

I enjoy Richard Simmons' videos. They are fun, I like the music,and they aren't hard on my bad knees. Check the library before you buy.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I found Jane Fonda's Complete Workout in college and have used it ever since! For about 8 years now! I love it! It's broken dow into three segments so you get a complete workout when you can do it. 20 minutes of upper body work, 30 minutes of aerobics and 20 minutes of lower body (my weak point after have 3 kids in six years.) In good weather I try to walk too. It's great exercise. I hope you find something you like!
Old 08-26-2002, 06:17 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Tae-Bo is fun and isn't too hard if you stick with the simple version of it. I used to use Cindy Crawford's excersize tape and that was a very good workout. I think both Tae -Bo and Cindy Crawfords tape have ten minute workouts for those busy days.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

Hi! I have many, many movies. Dusty some of them... LOL! I love Taebo, Lesile Sansone~ Walk away the pounds video's~ they seem easy in the first few mins but do they make you sweat! The Firm makes a wide variety of videos and I believe you can go to their website and see what they have. Tamilee Webb makes some good videos, I do love my BUNS of Steel videos!!!

And like someone mentioned go to your garage sales or thrift stores, check them out from the library, ask a friend to do an exchange with you!

Look at your local PBS stations or local education stations for exercise shows. I love Margaret Richards Body Electric! She has a website and you may be able to see if she's syndicated for your area, she does toning and strength exercising. She has been around for many years my mom found her back in the 80's. That has to be my favorite.

Good luck!
Visit us at http://communities.msn.com/Allentribe
Old 09-02-2002, 07:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Richard Simmons videos are great! Even the walking tape is wonderful! The TaeBo videos are a real workout!
Old 09-02-2002, 10:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Lightbulb RENTALS?

HELLO TO EVERYONE.

WHAT ABOUT MOVIE RENTAL PLACES?
THAT WAY YOU CAN TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT.
AND MAYBE THAT SIGHT HALF.COM MIGHT BE A GOOD PLACE TO PURCHASE YOUR EXERCISE VIDEOS, ONCE DECIDED UPON.
I TOO WOULD LIKE TO FIND A GOOD SLOW PACED YOGA STRETCHING TAPE-ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A GOOD, REASONABLE PRICED YOGA TAPE THAT LETS YOU WORK AT YOUR OWN PACE FOR BEGINNERS THRU EXPERIENCED????????- AND IN SMALL (MAYBE 10 MIN. ) INCREMENTS???? (WHEN TIME IS TIGHT)
THANKS.
SINCERELY-SHEILA ANN ANDERSON
Old 09-02-2002, 08:23 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I love Ali McGraw's yoga tape. It's easy enough for beginners and you can start to feel the results rather quickly. It's lots of stretching and remaining in poses with beautiful scenery and music. It doesn't require a yoga mat or ball which many yoga videos use. The workout is about 45 minutes long but it feels wonderful. I've been using it for about a year.