FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Exercise and Equipment (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/exercise-equipment/)
-   -   Any thoughts on Plus - size workout clothes? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/exercise-equipment/21596-any-thoughts-plus-size-workout-clothes.html)

ajrsmom 10-17-2007 07:33 AM

Any thoughts on Plus - size workout clothes?

I am looking for new workout clothes, though. I want something that looks a little better than the stained t-shirts and old cut-off sweats that I have been wearing. Any thoughts on Plus - size workout clothes?

I bought a bathing suit top and skirt from Junonia over the summer. They were pricey but really nice and the quality was nice, too. The only trouble that I had with them is that their clothes run big and I had to exchange the swim skirt and waited forever for my refund. I would definitely consider buying from them again if the price was right.

Any other suggestions for clothes that you wear to exercise in?

ernursekathi 10-19-2007 10:03 AM

Re: plus size workout clothes..

Ajrsmom, Hi!!! I just joined a gym & started working out with a personal trainer about 3 weeks ago! I absolutely LOVE it, & am SO glad to see this post! I have the same question as you do!? I've been wearing baggy tee's & sweats myself, as I have over 100lbs to lose. I can already tell a difference, in just 3 weeks though! :sillll: It feels SO good, or rather.. it HURTS, so good! My sister has lost 120 lbs in the past year, doing what I just started, so I'm VERY inspired! For me right now, I'm gonna stick with tee's & sweats, till I start dropping some Lbs, but I'd LOVE to read what others are wearing or have found !!!? My sister buys alot of stuff at Target! They have a really nice selection at good prices on workout type clothes! Good Luck & please keep me informed how you're doing!!!

janieb 10-19-2007 07:01 PM

Why is it that us plus-size ladies who may need to work out the most can't find anything decent to wear while we do it? Why doesn't Target or Kmart or Kohl's carry reasonably priced plus-size workout wear? I could make a fortune on that idea!

preacherswife 10-20-2007 02:57 PM

recommend Junonia

I have bought swimwear and workout clothes from Junonia, too. It is expensive, but it's really durable, and the chlorine resistant swimsuits really hold up well, so it's not more expensive in the long run, maybe even a little cheaper. Unfortunately, they don't carry my favorite 11" inseam bike shorts any more.

SanDansMom 10-21-2007 09:36 PM

AJRSMOM, congratulations on achieving your goal of 50 pounds plus one! I have been watching your updates, and you have done fabulously well! Way to go!!

janet 10-21-2007 10:03 PM

Hello Everyone!

Walmart has a huge selection of plus-size active wear clothing...Shorts, tanks, yoga pants, sport bras.

Smiles, Janet

ewriggs 10-22-2007 01:34 PM

I frequently shop on line at
http://www.jms.com

They have very reasonably priced plus-size clothes that last. They have lots of workout clothes. They are an off-shoot of Hanes.

I like their stuff better than Junonia - certainly I like their prices much better!!

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

ajrsmom 10-31-2007 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janet
Hello Everyone!

Walmart has a huge selection of plus-size active wear clothing...Shorts, tanks, yoga pants, sport bras.

Smiles, Janet

Janet, You are soooo lucky if your WalMart carries these things. Ours doesn't. :( Once in a great while they will have one style of a certain shirt or something along that line. I wish that they would carry yoga pants to fit me! Sports bras....I can't do them either, my chest is too big cup size for most of what a retail store will carry. :sling:

ajrsmom 10-31-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDansMom
AJRSMOM, congratulations on achieving your goal of 50 pounds plus one! I have been watching your updates, and you have done fabulously well! Way to go!!

Thank you! Thank you!! I wish that it was as easy to lose as it is to gain!

I haven't made an update lately because there hasn't been anything to update. lol! :loco: I've given myself a mini vacation--not totally going off low carb but more like relaxing until tonight is over. I have been working out, though. ;)

Back to it strong tomorrow!! :trampolin Hopefully new updates to follow soon! :)

ajrsmom 10-31-2007 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewriggs
I frequently shop on line at
http://www.jms.com

They have very reasonably priced plus-size clothes that last. They have lots of workout clothes. They are an off-shoot of Hanes.

I like their stuff better than Junonia - certainly I like their prices much better!!

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

I have bought things from JMS before but never workout clothes. Do you own any of their workout gear? How does it hold up to repeated washings?