FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Exercise and Equipment (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/exercise-equipment/)
-   -   Making Time for Exercise (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/exercise-equipment/20422-making-time-exercise.html)

barbszy 06-03-2007 08:45 AM

Making Time for Exercise

I just had a wake-up call about getting in shape when I put on a shirt I hadn't worn since last summer and saw how terrible it looks now! :eek: I have to do something about this.

My biggest problem is making a time in my day for exercising. What are some good strategies for making an exercise plan and sticking to it?

ajrsmom 06-03-2007 08:56 AM

I am no expert by far and am certainly NOT a morning person...

But..... that being said, I find it easier if I get up and exercise early in the morning to get it over with. I have been going to Curves in the mornings once I drop my son off at school. I am going to try my hardest to keep up with this routine this summer.

I have been thinking of getting out my "Walk Away the Pounds" DVDS again, too and doing them on the days that I don't go to Curves.

What type of workout are you thinking of doing?

kathymac 06-03-2007 11:13 AM

Barb, I had that same wake-up call this morning. I actually bought some really cute capris and shirts yesterday, but didn't have time to try them on in the store. I tried them on this morning. Everything was too tight!

I'm planning on exercising first thing in the morning. It will be the top priority every day. Otherwise, I get started doing things and don't get around to it.

Good luck!

Kathy

barbszy 06-03-2007 11:18 AM

Kathy, that's what I'm figuring too.

I would like to get out and walk, BUT with DH away all week I can't go out in the mornings. Even when he gets back, he is out the door at 6 AM and before that--I'm not figuring it's very safe to be out alone.

I ordered an exercise DVD of capoeira (Brazilian martial arts)...the warm-up exercises they do are amazing. There is a class at our church twice a week. Also, the music is a lot of fun.

I guess until it comes I will make do with whatever's on the "fitness channel" or that hyper-smiling chick who shills Idaho Potatoes and has 2 shows on Lifetime in the mornings. Something is better than nothing, right?

Bunny 06-03-2007 11:43 AM

I try to walk at least 3 times a week I also have a excrcise bike that I use 3 times a week

ajrsmom 06-03-2007 12:27 PM

Barb, How about your library?

Our library carries some workout DVDS.

kathymac 06-03-2007 01:48 PM

No time like the present - I justgot back from a one hour walk. There's really no excuse for me not to walk. Lincoln is full of beautiful walking/biking trails.

I probably didn't pick the best time of day to go out and walk, though. It's pretty hot! But, I knew if I didn't grab the bull by the horns, so to speak, I'd lose the motivation!

Barb, you're absolutely right - anything is better than nothing. Do you have a jump rope. I used to do that when my kids were little - right in my back yard.

Kathy

barbszy 06-04-2007 07:19 AM

Yes, I can use a jump rope. I should try that.

Today I did a Denise Austin workout that I had taped from TV a while ago. The whole time I've got Luke watching me, interrogating:

Do you need water?
Do you want to stop now?
Do you like this?
Is this fun?
Can you do that? How come you can't do that? SHE can do that. Is she older than you?

:hare:

Can You Guess? 06-04-2007 07:26 AM

Your son is so cute. :pbun:

I have been exercising lately. ;)

motherof2 06-08-2007 07:07 AM

I was walking 3 miles 3 to 4 times a week until school let out and now I have a hard time trying to figure out when to take my walk. I would walk during my lunch hour but now that I am home with the kiddos and they do not walk as fast as I do and they want to stop and pick up rocks and flowers and etc. I can not keep up my pace. I guess any exercise is better than nothing. But right now I cannot exercise at all because I came down with Gout again while I was in Gatlinburg. We came striaght home and to the doc yesterday. I feel much better now but still will not be walking for at least another week to give myself time to heal. Good luck everyone.