Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Exercise and Equipment Looking into a stair climber? Maybe a treadmill? Talk to others here and ask their opinions.

View Poll Results: How often do you exercise?
I don't 28 22.95%
Rarely, maybe once or twice a month 24 19.67%
Semi-regularly, once or twice a week 48 39.34%
Regularly, everyday 22 18.03%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2005, 08:20 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Do you exercise regularly?

How often do you exercise? Do you use equipment at home, at the gym, or do you walk outside? What do you do to stay fit and how often?
Old 03-04-2005, 08:24 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I didn't used to, but in the past couple of months I have been walking once per day, about a mile or so. I take my dog and meet up with a friend and her dog, and we walk everyday after I drop off my Kindergartener at school. I have been feeling much better and have lost 9 pounds. :-)

I also just got a stretch tube that I used for the first time last night. i don't have the time to go to the gym, and the weather is so nice here, I like to get outside and get fresh air.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:20 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

exercise

I go to a gym to exercise 4 days a week. I do 45 minutes of cardio and about 15 minutes of situps and pushups. Its one hour of my day, and I feel fantastic when I'm done. The only thing I don't like is the scale doesn't tell me I've lost weight. But I feel great!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Re: Do you exercise regularly?

Quote:
Originally posted by FamilyCorner
How often do you exercise? Do you use equipment at home, at the gym, or do you walk outside? What do you do to stay fit and how often?
I go to Curves 3 times weekly & to Respiratory Rehab class twice weekly.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:48 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Don't forget to vote on the pol! :-)
Old 03-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I go to the new gym here. I do cardio 30-45 minutes Mon- Sat. and resistance equipment 3-4 days each week, so it totals about 1- 1 1/2 hrs each day but Sunday. Then we walk about a mile or so... down the street. I do mine early mornings between 8 and 9am-haven't noticed much weight losss as of yet but trainer said that was normal as this is only my 3rd week. Feels good though!!!

Unknown
Old 03-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I walk 3-4 miles Monday, Wednesday and Friday after work and then on Saturday morning I walk 8-9 miles. I try to do resistance training on Tuesday and Thursdays. I am training to walk a half marathon in April!
Old 03-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hey there

I do 1 1/2 hours of karate training 3 days a week and I train 11/2 hours of weapons traing once a week. I have been doing this for 1 year now and I love it. I feel so good after training and I have kept my weight down after losing 30 pounds. I am hopeful once the weather gets warmer here that I will be able to get out and start walking the other 3 days and possibly running, will see.

Keep up the workouts everyone

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 03-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I hope once the weather is nicer here to be able to get out and walk how much how far remains to be seen. My dear ole knees don't want to work right all the time. So it is a "wait and see" game, but sure admire all of you that can get out there and really walk and do karate etc. Keep up the good work and God bless
Old 03-05-2005, 06:53 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I go to Curves 3x a week. I also walk there to get warmed up! Once the weather gets warmer will try to walk every day for at least 20 minutes! I have lost 37 lbs since last May and still have that final 10 to go!
Leighann