Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Exercise and Equipment Looking into a stair climber? Maybe a treadmill? Talk to others here and ask their opinions.

View Poll Results: How often do you exercise?
I don't 28 22.95%
Rarely, maybe once or twice a month 24 19.67%
Semi-regularly, once or twice a week 48 39.34%
Regularly, everyday 22 18.03%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2005, 06:12 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

ss about that,my comp.messed up
Old 03-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Hello Joyce welcome to the thread. Your puter spit out this post 3 times lol.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

No problem it happens to all of us now and then.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:16 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

ty,glad to be here
Old 03-11-2005, 06:17 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Denise Austin is good! My problem was I tried to tape them but then never got around to them on a daily basis.....Isnt that awful!It was just easier to leave the house no one in my family including the dog could bother me.
My Curves got a new piece of equipment today (stepper) they were just unpacking it when I was on my second round so will get to use it on Monday!
Leighann
Old 03-11-2005, 06:21 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I joined Bally's and was totally faithful for 18 months. I only lost 8 pounds in all that time. Don't know if it's the menopause or what but I wanted to loose the 20lbs that I gained going through it. Was very discouraged because the trainers kept telling me that muscle weighs more than fat blah blah. I bought a Pilates Allegro machine a year ago and quit Bally's. I've been doing Pilates for a year and have seen better results than what I got at the gym. I do mat with rollers, rings, bosu and the Allegro machine. I have a ton of videos and decided I could do this at home. Joined a neighborhood sports center and only pay $10 a year. I do pilates daily, walk every morning with 2 of my neighbors, ride my stationary bike and feel great. I would recommend pilates to anyone that wants to strengthen their core muscles (that band around your middle). Winsor pilates has alot of videos and they are wonderful. Oh and I also take pilates classes at the Sports center once a week and jump on the treadmill for a half hour LOL
Old 03-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

here is a tip for those that want a cheap workout - a stability ball! and you can do it anytime!!!!

If a man says something and no woman hears it....is he still wrong?

Well, nobody's perfect - Osgood E. Fielding III
SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 03-11-2005, 06:36 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Great idea !!! I also have one of those big ol balls and do pilates with it. Sit ups and all that you can do with the ball too. I am pretty sure they come with a video. I am going to get certified as a instructor. Used to teach Yoga to children ....maybe that's what is so appealing to me about pilates....it's all about stretching. There are also little balls. The bosu is great for balance. I find alot of things online about exercise and subscribe to different emails that keep me motivated. I am going to be 58 and I just don't have the energy to jump around like a 24yr old doing fast aerobic classes. One of my pilates instructors is going to be 74 in a few months. She looks great !!
Old 03-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

For me, walking or doing a video are the only option. I have no equipment or place to put it, and I have to have a form of exercise where I can take my 3 year old along! Actually it's pretty funny....he likes to dance (like Cha Cha Slide, with his big sister) so if I do a video he is right there moving along with me. Like HE needs any more exercise
Old 03-11-2005, 07:07 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

There are so many wonderful videos out there. I know pilates.com has a ton of them. I have Kathy Smith, Denise Austin and there is a great one by Elle Macpherson featuring Karen Voight called Your Personal Best Work out that will give you a real good work out. I want to try Tae Bo. Saw a informercial by Billy Blanks that looks real good. I just don't have the stamina to get through a hour aerobics or kickboxing class. All I know is menopause really did me in. I never had a weight problem before and never lacked energy.
Wish someone had told me about 10 yrs ago so I could have paid more attention. Every month that I didn't have a period....I gained 5lbs. Didn't even notice till I was 20lbs over weight and my mom came to visit and put her hand over her mouth. Then my sister informed me that my butt looked like my mothers. That's when I joined Ballys LOL
By then I was having hot flashes, just wanted to sleep and had zero energy. It's taken me awhile to try to figure this all out. I have cut out all white foods and got a juicer. I take high B vitamins and a multiple vitamin and a host of other things. I refuse to take hormone pills and went for primrose oil and black cohosh. I may write a book when i'm done here GAWD it's been a hard road to recovery hahaha Menopause just hasn't been kind. I do have a pilates instructor that comes to my house on Fridays now.....she nearly killed me today. I found her at Bally's and am trading her pilates for jafra. .....works for me.