Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Exercise and Equipment Looking into a stair climber? Maybe a treadmill? Talk to others here and ask their opinions.

View Poll Results: How often do you exercise?
I don't 28 22.95%
Rarely, maybe once or twice a month 24 19.67%
Semi-regularly, once or twice a week 48 39.34%
Regularly, everyday 22 18.03%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Curves

Way to go, Leighann!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

That's great Lee and Deb! 30 plus pounds!! I have been big all my life- but am not at my top weight. I am 23 pounds shy of my top weight (July 2001). I know that slow weight loss is better for you though. Heck, I'll take any!!LOL! Keep up the good habits girls!

Unknown
Old 03-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Assistant Moderator

I did three minutes on the bike and used the roman chair last night. I know that doesnt sound like much but it is more than I have been able to do in three years. I have at least thirty pounds to lose.... I will have to go slow. I noticed my last surgial site is sore today but I can do a little! I am so excited!
Old 03-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Im so sad to say that I dont exercise regularly anymore.

I quit going to Curves because I just couldnt find the time to go at least 3x a week. Im miss it!! I've already told my Dh that when we move and get settled in, I will find another gym like that to join!!

I try to dance with my DD to her videos at least 2 times a week.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Friend of the Family

Who's this guy?
FamilyCorner Newbie

I go to Curves 3 times a week. I've been going for 4 1/2 months now and have lost a total of 13 inches. I've only lost a few pounds, but I can tell a difference in my clothes due to the inches. I also use this thing called a "Sports Hoop" that I ordered thru Curves. It is a "weighted" hoola hoop. Mine weighs 4 pounds. You have to learn how to keep it up. It claims that if you use it twice a day for 10 minutes each day it should take 2 inches per month off of your waist. I've had mine almost 2 weeks and I can't keep it up but for 1-2 minutes for now. I have to keep working at it, but it's fun. My sides were really sore the first few days.

Ruth
Old 03-05-2005, 01:34 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ruth that sounds cool. They have a hula hoop at my curves that some use instead of the walk pads. I dont think its weighted though! My total inches lost are 33.
Ajrsmom,
I know sometimes it is hard to go 3x and there have been weeks that I have not! I always feel guilty though. The best part of Curves is it is a short workout otherwise I know I would never follow through with a regular gym.
Bluebird,
A little is better than nothing at all. Keep up the good work girls!
Leighann
Old 03-11-2005, 09:35 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

How often do you exercise? Do you use equipment at home, at the gym, or do you walk outside? What do you do to stay fit and how often?

I try to exercise as much as I can. It varies from week to week. I have some Walk Away the Pounds dvds that I can do that don't take a lot of time. I try to walk a lot by parking far away from the entrance when I go to a store. I am a Weight Watchers Lifetime member. I have maintained for over a year now. I have to stay on top of my eating habits or I gain weight very easily!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:37 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

It just doesn't happen. I have a very physical job. Lots of walking, lifting, etc. The last thing I want to do when I am home is exercise. I probably should do something when I have time off, though. It is not good to go full force half the time and be a complete slug the rest!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I am so jealous. I used to run and cycle (a lot!). Now, I can find no time, nor energy, to get out and exercise. Don't get me wrong, with three kids and a dog, there are plenty of walks and running around, but I would love to be able to work out. I love the feeling of having completed a work out. Someday . . .
Old 03-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I do a lot of walking, rollerblading and swimming. Exercising doesn't need to involve a lot of equipment.