Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Empty Nesters Are all of your kids gone? Need to talk to those in your situation? Stop by here!

Old 10-18-2002, 06:16 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky Finally Fell Out of the Nest! lol!

Hi! Everyone!

A lot of what has been said in the posts I have read about "empty nesters"... I can relate to very much.

I liked two weeks before my 32nd Birthday when I gave birth to my daughter who is 29 now.. she will be 30 on Dec. 11. She was a good kid growing up ... a clean Teen..no problems at all..but it seemed to take forever for her to gain her "independance".She is my only child.

In 1993 she had her first child.which was a boy..he is 9 yrs. old now. Then in 1999, she had a girl...which she will be four on Jan. 4, 2003.

I took care of the boy for about 2 yrs. before he was put in a Daycare..I kept the girl for a short while..not really very long..maybe 6 month..then she was put in Day Care. I just couldn't do it any more...due to my health.

I have kept them many, many times while my daughter went out with her friends..also the kids' dad.. they weren't living together at that point. I never said no to my daughter about anything. Sometimes...I don't think that was always a good thing to do.

On December 1, 2001...my daughter took the plunge and "fell out of the nest".. Her boyfriend (grandkids dad) moved in together althogh he was not on the lease...They rented an Apartment and they never married. I didn't like that too much...but there is nothing that you can do on that..

On May 29,2002, the grandkids dad was shot and killed ..it was the day after my grandsons' 9th Birthday. They all are doing pretty well..

My daughter got Social Security for the kids. She also got money from Insurances she had on him. So she is doing ok financially right now.. her job prospect is kind of looking dim.. she is working but may be laid off.. ?

She has just purchased a new home..which hasn't been built yet.. they were supposed to start building this month...and will finish around the last of this year..hopefully!

Now...my daughter and I have not had the best communication between each other...but she is there for me duing a crises and when I really need her.. she has helped me financially lately since she has this money come through.. and even really before that a little bit..

She has been going to Church for the past couple of years..but just this year found "Jesus Christ as her personal savior". I am proud of her for that positive step.. She has the kids in activities that will benefit them.. so they will be ok..

I am not saying she won't ever stay in her own living quarters..because we never know what the future holds.. but with the "Grace of God" maybe she will come through it all..

I know if it had not been for my mother, at times.. I don't know what I would have done.. I was a single parent also..it was hard but thank God for my Mom and the Government.. I have survived..
Now... I have owned my own home for the last 11 yrs. it is paid for so all I have is my essential bills.

Have a good day! Hang in there! God is good!

Attached Images

boppy

My Poem Website:

http://brendapoemcorner.homestead.com/titlepage.html