Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Empty Nesters

Empty Nesters Are all of your kids gone? Need to talk to those in your situation? Stop by here!

View Poll Results: What are your plans once the kids leave the nest?
not planning any changes--things will remain the same 2 8.70%
planning on traveling - taking a vacation 4 17.39%
going back to work 1 4.35%
plan on enjoying my time alone 9 39.13%
haven't thought about it yet 4 17.39%
I'm not going to let them move out! 0 0%
other plans --please share 5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Dd finished college and will be 22 next month but still lives at home due to finances (student loans etc.) Ds1 is now a freshman at college and loves it and I feel will not move back home once he graduates or if he does won't live here long. Ds2 will be starting high school in the fall and plans to go to college so it could be feasible that in 4 years I could have an empty nest. I have no idea what I will do then. I know I will have more time to myself but can't imagine what evening dinners and after will be like with just dh and me. I will still get my "kid fix" through my dc children but that still leaves a lot of empty time. Perhaps I will have time to work on neglected hobbies, do the flower gardens I have always wanted and maybe even travel with dh. Lots to think about.

~Mother Theresa

Old 03-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I don't know what I will do. Go stir crazy? I have homeschooled for 11 years. My 14 yo and my 18 y o are seniors this year. Dd has found a online college she loves. Ds is trying to get into a online gifted program at Stanford. The colleges around here will not enroll someone that young. If we move before fall (please Lord!) then we will see what college is close. When dd is 20 and ds is 16 they plan to move to Vancouver and continue college.

I hope to have a business or a job to keep me busy. Travel would be nice. Dh wants to RV but I think I would go stir crazy. I will have to work hard on enjoying time with the two of us but I will do it.