FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Empty Nesters (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/empty-nesters/)
-   -   Empty nesters (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/empty-nesters/1818-empty-nesters.html)

05-27-2002 03:47 PM

Empty nesters

Hi.....are there any other empty nesters out there that are also full time stay at home moms?...I feel out of the loop, so to speak, as my girls are both on their own and I am a grandma. I'm 43, and most of the women I know my age still have little ones. I'd love to chat with others in this same situation. I don't know where I fit in!:-P::

JAYNE:-:

PrairieRose 05-27-2002 03:56 PM

I am... I am!!!!

::-):: I am a new empty nester (although dd moved back home for the summer). I am also a stay at home mom and love that. I would love to chat with you about all the ups and downs..... . When did your last one move away? Mine did in Aug. of last year and after having a houseful of kids that was quite the change for me. My dh was also working VERY long hours so I was alone most of the time. I found this lovely place, a couple of other boards that are great too AND I got a new puppy that has kept me quite busy. Tell me about your experience....... .

05-28-2002 04:23 AM

Hi PrarieRose!.....It is good to know I am not alone!....My Girls both left about the same time in 1999....My youngest has a soon to be 4 year old son, and I babysit him about2 hours each day...I love being athome:heart: ....I tried working part time last year and hated it, I just want to be at home....we live okay on dh's income, It's tight but we are fine......As I said my worst problem is finding others who are in this position...I tried going to water aerobics at the YMCA, but the ladies in the classes were all senior citizens....felt way out of place!....most of the women in my neighborhood are either working or have little ones...so I fill my time with my 3 dogs, and alot of hobbies.....What kind of puppy do you have?....Aren't dogs the best? Mine have seen me through so much....I have panic disorder and I had a little peke mix that could sense when I was having a bad attack...she passed away last year, and I really miss her...so tell me more about you?....
Jayne:daisy:

PrairieRose 05-28-2002 05:54 AM

I live in a small town where all of my friends work......most of them still have kids at home so they are very busy with their families which makes it tough when you don't really have that much of a routine anymore :p . Dh works locally and has a good bit of down time this time of year which is nice, but from about November through March I never see him....it gets really lonely then. I try to stay busy and spend way too much time on here. My puppy is a poodle and is my little dream dog. She is almost perfect (I sound like one of THOSE mothers don't I?). I don't know what I would have done after we had put our 12 yr. old dog down in Oct. had I not gotten her a couple of months later.
I know it is really hard to fill the hours, with not many people around to interact with, that's what makes this a wonderful outlet, yes? So tell me about your dogs..? What about your hobbies?

Jenna 05-28-2002 07:15 AM

Hi Jayne,

I am going to be 43 next month! I don't have an empty nest yet, but I can see it coming!

My son is 20 and in university and my daughter will be starting her last year of high school in the fall. Sometime, I think it sounds like a horrible thing to have them go and sometimes I think that it can't happen soon enough!

I don't believe that I will be bored when they are gone. I figure, I will just do all the same things I do now...without cleaning up after them! LOL!

In some ways it would be nice to have some time alone with DH again. We can hardly remember when it was just the two of us! I got pregnant right after we got married(literally 3 weeks!), so it would be nice to rediscover life as just a couple!:)

I do think that I will miss them though. After all, they will always be my babies! I tell them that quite often. Sometimes, one of them will get a look that I remember them making when they were a baby and I can see that sweet little face again. I will never forget how wonderful it was to give birth to them, nurture them and just be their Mommy. It was the fulfillment of what I had hoped for as long as I can remember.

I look forward to ge a Grandma someday(not right now!), so I can do it all over again!:) My Mom tells me it is even better!

Jenna:)

05-28-2002 07:53 AM

hi again prarierose!

I have 3 dogs, Hyacinth my golden retriever is 3, Pearl my dalmation dobie mix is 2, and my sweet baby Chloe' is almost 1!
I love them all so much! We also lost our first4 dogs, one at only4 years was hit by a car, the other 3 lived long happy lives. We put our chow down at the age of 12, she had a brain tumor. Our Lab was also 12 and just walked in one day and had a heart attack. And my little peke had to be put down cause of stomach cancer.:( I loved each and every one and miss them. I am a crazy woman with the sewing machine:-P:: I make teddy bears and scrub tops for mydd who's a nurse and all kinds of stuff! I love to cook and surf the net! And I love music! Especially Enya and Sarah Mclahglin. This is a great site, I am enjoying it so much!^^

05-28-2002 07:55 AM

I forgot to say, Chloe' is a Shih Itzh!

Jayne

05-28-2002 08:03 AM

Hi Jenna!

Believe me you are gonna love:heart: being a grandma! I fell in love when I saw his little face on the ultrasound screen! And when he finally got here( seemed like forever) and I held him i just melted! Your mom is right, it is like nothing you ever experienced before! Grandchildren are the icing on the cake of life!

Darkstarzz10 05-28-2002 09:37 AM

Hi, I'm not quite am empty nester but getting close. Both of my kids are finishing up college and they are still at home but barely here. Its strange how the house can be so empty one minute and overflowing with all their friends the next. But I still know the time is coming they will both be gone, probably in the next year. I work at home, but only part time. So I spend alot of time on my computer. Right now I am on R and R for a injury so I am truly bored to tears, glad I found this site. Am looking forward to talking to meeting some new people. :-:

PrairieRose 05-28-2002 01:48 PM

I want to warn everyone who is looking at becoming an empty nester soon of one thing.........I don't have THAT much more time to do what I want to, than I used to! I'm so ticked off about this too. I used to think well at least I can spend my time doing what I want to.....HA! I don't spend nearly as much time cleaning or washing, for sure....but it's absorbed into other things! I dunno how this happened!:-P::

05-28-2002 02:35 PM

Boy is that ever the truth!

^^
JAYNE

coacheswife 05-29-2002 05:58 AM

:cat:

coacheswife 05-29-2002 06:03 AM

the empty nest

I love the summers when the empty nest if full again with my college kids
During the winter months to keep from getting bored, volunteer
try different places and when you find the one you like best
make that your nest
The best volunteer place I have found is at the schools...they need people so desperately to volunteer reading time or in the offices
day cares are also a great place
remember to set your own hours and fill up only the time you need to use to feel busy
don't overdue it
you will meet new friends at these places and that will extend out
for you and you will find other exciting things to do, mine was a euchre club where we all have it once a month at our home. we provide the meal that month, it is great fun swapping recipes etc. and trying to outdo each other when it is your month to prepare the goodies during card club
enjoy your empty nest and new found time...we deserve it!

iplay4hisglory 05-29-2002 07:16 AM

empty nesters--me too!

Hi, I'm an empty nester SAHM. Like you, Jayne, I'm a real homebody. Things are tight financially with me and DH too, and I've tried to get back into Medical Transcription, which I did five years ago before we were married. But now I don't have the type of skills they need, which is Hospital and Acute Care, I only have Home Health care transcription. So...oh well. And I would only do it from home, also, not outside. But it didn't work out, so that's that. DH says that's fine, we'll be ok and he's happy I wanted to try. So, we will just be on one income. He works long hours at his food purchasing agent job, at a local resort. He does get to bring home food that they have phased out in the kitchen, and that helps us out quite a bit , especially in the meat department.

My situation is rather different from most empty nesters, in that my daughter lives apart from me, in my home state of Texas. I live way far up here in PA with my DH, it's his home state. But we have been up here four years together and I am SO homesick for the South! DH's children also live apart from us, here in this same town. Their mother has poisoned their minds against us and it's a continuing source of heartbreak for DH. His daughter graduates this month and he wasn't even given an invite to her graduation ceremony. :(

A good thing is that because I am so homesick, DH says we are going to move to Texas as soon as he finds a job. I am very uplifted by this turn of events, as you may imagine! I miss my daughter very much, more and more as time goes on. When we were first separated, she had just turned 12. Now she is nearly 16. I have seen her once in that time.

I have a piano and play it a lot. I am the leader of our church praise and worship band, and I also play special music for church
services at times. I love to read and am a regular haunt of the library, and I also make story tapes for the children in our church, as well as my nephew and niece in Georgia, and for my daughter too. I enjoy cross stitch and crafts in general, but my kick right now is rubberstamping and making my own greeting cards.
I also love to bake and cook Southern style, and Texas style.

But I am lonely, and was so glad to see Jayne's post...and then to see others too! All the women in my church have little children, as has been mentioned...or else they are senior citizens. I fall somewhere in the middle, thru the cracks, as it were. I just turned 44 in April.

Nice to meet y'all!

Bron
[email protected]

Lind 05-29-2002 07:41 AM

empty nester, too

I'm here, too. My children are all grown and on their own. I have three married daughters with a total of 5 grandchildren, and one son in the Navy. I've been an empty nester for over a year now and loving being at home. I have looked here and there on the net for other empty nester sites or newsletters and haven't stumbled on any.

My hobbies are decorative painting, sewing, and crochet and I like helping out with projects at our church. We live not to far from the Chesapeake Bay, so we get quite a bit of company during the summer months.

Yet, it would be so nice to meet other sahm's that are empty nesters, too.

Linda

nagymom 05-29-2002 07:44 AM

:daisy: Hi Jayne from another Jayne! I'm 48 and a Nana to 3 wonderful grandchildren. I have a 6 (soon 7) and a 5 year old granddaughters and a grandson who is 13 months. The 5 year old lives with us with her divorced mom. In fact both of the mommy's are divorced so must work. I get to babysit which means I'm a SAH Nana! I love it most of the time :-P:: . There are times......But I wouldn't give up my time with my precious little one's for anything. I too fall in the older than their friends mom's and not as old as their grandparents category. Fortunately I LOOK younger than I am (we won't talk about how old I FEEL ROFLMAO ) but I still feel awkward with the mommy's at the youngest granddaughter's child enrichment program. I try to let the mom's do the kiddy things with them and fill in as needed. In the interim I have little free time with all the running. With summer coming up (today is the last day in fact) I will be looking for ways to keep them entertained and will try to just fit in as I can. I'll be watching for ideas and suggestions and wish you the best!:stripes:

Darkstarzz10 05-29-2002 10:00 AM

:-P:: Hi all, well my nest won't be too empty when the kids leave. I have 11 horses 3 cats and 3 dogs that keep me busy. Plus who knows I may have a baby horse or two to fill my time by them. I quit working years ago and decided to turn my love for horses into a business. Up until last year I traveled alot showing one or two of them. But an injury stuck me at home for the time being. I still travel some but riding is a big NO NO my dr says. Although I did some this winter when I was doing better. So when the kids leave I won't be bored, my days seem pretty full as it is. But somehow I always find time for being online. Living in a small town out in the country can get kind of boring. But my animals all keep me pretty busy. I have to say without them I would be bored when the kids left. Well thats enough for now, bbl all, love these boards I haven't been on any in a year or so and I realized how much I missed them. Have a good day everyone :-P::

LaurieS 05-31-2002 06:46 AM

Hi All Babyboomers, I'm a SAHM but I worked when my kids were going to school. I was home the last three years my daughter was in HS that helped alot. Always running here and there. Both of my kids are back home temporarily. Sometimes it would be nice to have some peace and quiet, but I love them alot and would miss them if they were gone.:) I have a 4 yr old German Shepard and she is a hand full, just like a child always following me around and stepping on the back of my shoes( sound familiar anyone?) I spend alot of time lurking on the computer. I'm 49 right now but turning 50 in July. But I don't feel 50. What is 50? I like to garden, read, crafting, watch movies and lots of things. I started selling Avon and that has gotten me out and meeting new people. I feel like that when I was working how did I have time to do all the things I do now and work too. Boggles the mind.
So many things to do and not enough time.:daisy:

Lind 05-31-2002 07:28 AM

Laurie,
I know what you mean about wondering how you would have time to work. I am an empty nester and worked at Jo Ann's ETC for awhile, but am so glad to be back home. I am busy almost every minute, but I am so enjoying what I am doing! When I decided to quit my job my manager said to come back when I got bored with being home. I haven't had a bored moment yet. I am so happy doing what I am doing... crafting, housework, church activities, weekly shopping, friends, etc. I feel so blessed everyday.
Have a great day!:daisy:
Linda

crochet fanatic 05-31-2002 09:06 AM

Hi everybody.I'm 46 and a soon to be empty nester,also a sahm.My son who is 24,left home when he was 20 and I have a 17 year old daughter who is going away to school in September.

I ran a family daycare when the kids were younger so that I could stay at home and it worked out well but I am looking forward to being an empty nester.

I just married my fiance,we've been together for 13 years and we bought a Harley last September and we're really looking forward to doing some travelling with it this summer.It's one of the touring bikes.

I love crocheting and do a lot of doilies and tablecloths but also have enjoyed making baby blankets.I also love to read,mostly mysteries.I have just started to do some gardening and am enjoying it very much.

I'm able to stay home as a generous relative gave me some money and we were able to pay our mortgage off on our townhouse.My husband has a good job and we live fine on his income.He enjoys me being home but told me if I want to work,that's my decision.I love being at home.

I have one friend who is a sahm and an empty nester and we hang out a lot.All my other friends work and it's hard to get together with them but I try to do lunch or visit them for tea on their days off.

I am so happy that I found this forum this morning and am looking forward to chatting with all of you ladies!

reading51 05-31-2002 01:44 PM

Empty Nester

This is the first time I have ever written on here though I have read many!! I too am an empty nester!! My DD will be a junior in college in fall. My son (who was older) died 9 years ago. I too don't have all that "extra time" to get bored!!! I could sure use a few extra hours each day to "get bored"!!! LOL I do think though that a lot of it is spent on the internet!!! ;-) My DH and I own our own business. I do the books from here at home. I also like to read and do crafts. I am very impressed with the jars that Amanda has been doing!!! She is one talented lady!!! Let me know if I haven't followed the rules!!!

jackie popp 06-01-2002 06:42 AM

HI I AM NEW here, saw your letter in the news letter.
I too am an at home mom both my kids are gone I am 45 yrs old
my daughter is 22 and lives in dallas tx... my son is 20 and lives an hr from us.
I do not work, I stay at home all day in this crappy town we live in. Inter net keeps me busy, I have a new computer and i love it. hasnt crashed once. well yeah it did when i first got it but it was programs in conflict...
My son is in rehap and aa. trying to get his life back in order he almost went to prison...
my daughter is going to be a teacher some day shes going to college and has a 2 yr old katelynn.... and a live in boy friend, they are getting married next summer, after she graduates. so to help pay for wedding were doing yard sales, craft fairs, fairs,
I am an art major I take art classes in the fall, and my husband and I bowl. There is no job market here so i cant work,Over qualified for what i can do. I take a few classes on line. free ones that is and they keep me busy some day I will actualy use the stuff that i have learnd..... ok off my soap box....
email me i will come in chat room that i found here yesterday love to talk.;)
jackie in hum drum arkansas^^

Poodylou 06-01-2002 07:45 PM

hi. I am also an empty nester & have been for about 3 years. It does take some getting used to after having kids in the house for 25 years. I am enjoying the extra time with my wonderful hubby but he is a long distance trucker so isn't home as much as I would like. I have 3 grandsons & 1 grandaughter all preschoolers. They all love to come stay with grandma so when I get lonesome I invite one of them for some special time with grandma. I am also 43 so have a long time to go before retirement. I work in consumer dependent attendant care & spend most of my free time sewing & doing crafts of all types. Would love to hear from any other empty nesters.

[email protected] 06-01-2002 09:22 PM

hi, I am a SAHM and an emptynester. I cried for two days when my daughter left for college. I went back to work parttime but i hated it . I found Iwas being payed less than my co workers who were in their teens. SO i quit. I focused on my marriage. My husband and I joined a gym together . We also started going on dates . I can honestly say there is life after children and it's great. Now we have to adjust my daughter being home from college this summer.

Lind 06-02-2002 02:26 AM

Poodylou,
My husband, too, is a trucker. I know what you mean about being alone a lot. Now that your nest is empty, can't you go with him from time to time?
I love having company and get lots of it in the summer since we live close to the Chesapeake Bay, but when I can, I love going with John on his truck. In fact, last summer we trucked for 8 straight weeks. I don't think I'd like to go for as long a stretch again, but we saw every state from Texas to Maine together and it was fun. We even took our cat, Tobi Mae:cat: and she had no problem adjusting to small quarters.
Just a thought.
Have a great day:daisy:
Linda

Dianawrites 06-02-2002 03:02 AM

Hi,
I'm almost there. :( My two oldest are 20 and seldom home and my youngest is 15. I know I still have time left with him but he seems to be gone often or 'unavailable' to do things. :(

I'm 45 and I realized in the last week how soon this time in my life will be over.

I've been trying to justify why I get to stay at home still. I love being at home. I'm a writer so I have that outlet. When I don't do that I quilt, read, work out at the YMCA and I belong to a dance class. Just had the recital last night! LOL! I think it will be my last one! I didn't start dancing until I was 40 so don't think it's to late to start.
So any words of advice on how to conquer the guilt of being able to stay home? I also volunteer. I help the youth minister at our church and do the church website.

Is it okay to think I'm close to retirement and no longer need to worry about working?

Oh I have two dogs and a cat!
Diana:cat:

Lind 06-02-2002 03:17 AM

Dear Diana,
Don't feel guilty! You have a job right there in your home. Making a home a haven welcoming to friends and family takes work. I call it blessing my home and a way to worship my Lord by following His word to be a chaste keeper at home (Titus 2:5). We need not to worry about what others will think because we are at home doing what we do best and not out earning a paycheck. Money is not a true indicator of our worth! Think of how nice it is for your husband to come home to a wife, clean home, good food, instead of an empty home with no one to greet him. It is a home because of who is in it, otherwise, it is just a house.
Enjoy your labors as a homemaker, enjoy your crafts, enjoy this new time of life. You can still reach out to others by sending cards and making phone calls to the sick and shut-ins. You can be available to help out at church especially if you have summer children's programs. And, just because the kids are grown, don't think you've heard the last ~ they'll be calling for your sweet voice and your advice.
You have a purpose in being home even when the kids are grown. I think guilt comes from what we think others think of us. Don't let that kind of thinking take away your joy of being home!
God bless,
Linda:heart:

jackie popp 06-02-2002 06:58 AM

cats and grand kids and stuff

HI poodylou
love your nick name:-D
I dont work, job market here is null in a town of 3,00+ that doenst want to grow other than in drugs and all that.
I cant go get grand baby either shes in dallas. I spent a nice week with them sunday after mothers day. we had big time did lots of shopping and wedding stuff.
I been empty nester for about 3 yrs off and on, ds was last one to go and it took him getting into trouble to go. Hes going to be ok and he got me a real nice gift for mothers day. ususaly he doest or didnt care enough to. with a real nice card that fits our situation i know he took the time out to get it...:)
we have cats too i just got rid of 2 wild ones. so were down to 5 when they are around. we also have a poodle shes 10 yrs old and not too bright. dh put in new steps for me last night the other ones were too steep and was throwing my leg out of wackgoing up and down them any ways she was like too scared of the steps we had to coax her up them:cat: then theres piglet:cat: hes pure siamesse 9 yrs old and rules the house or so he thinks:-P:: i swear that cat can tell time.
what time do you all use the chat room or dont yas use it. my other chat rooms went dry
well i need to go finish email and go get ready for church. were swapping preachers and boy am i ready for a new preacher. our church is so yuck and full of bull its not funny. I told dh im done moveing preachers in and out no more.....
feel free to email me any time im on yahoo chat as pigletcat2001 add me on your list if youd like to. i also have icq. thats gone dry too.
have a good day every one.:daisy:

reading51 06-02-2002 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dianawrites
Hi,
I'm almost there. :( My two oldest are 20 and seldom home and my youngest is 15. I know I still have time left with him but he seems to be gone often or 'unavailable' to do things. :(

I'm 45 and I realized in the last week how soon this time in my life will be over.

I've been trying to justify why I get to stay at home still. I love being at home. I'm a writer so I have that outlet. When I don't do that I quilt, read, work out at the YMCA and I belong to a dance class. Just had the recital last night! LOL! I think it will be my last one! I didn't start dancing until I was 40 so don't think it's to late to start.
So any words of advice on how to conquer the guilt of being able to stay home? I also volunteer. I help the youth minister at our church and do the church website.

Is it okay to think I'm close to retirement and no longer need to worry about working?

Oh I have two dogs and a cat!
Diana:cat:

reading51 06-02-2002 11:02 AM

Diana, I definitely don't think you should feel guilty!!! I think it is important that you are happy with what you are doing and it sounds as if you are!! That is what is important!! It sounds as if your life is full!!! A writer!!! How exciting!!! I have always thought I would like to write but that is about as far as it has gone!!! LOL What kind of dancing do you do? Kathy

RicaBFH 06-02-2002 01:03 PM

39 and almost there!

Hi all!
I'm 39 and have been homeschooling my son while on workers comp suffering from severe bilateral carpal tunnel. We currently live in a HUGE mobile home park and I have a very dear friend right next door. This will all change in a month when we move to Washington state to an extremely rural area. DS wants to go back to public school, and I will probably put him back in public school as WA's schools are so much better than Florida's and he will not be living close to other kids his age. I am really very concerned for myself as I will not have a job and will be spending the majority of the days alone while the new hubby will be working and the son will be in school and I won't be able to run next door to my friend.

I plan to look into volunteer work, possibly at my son's school, or at nursing homes or hospitals. I will also be counting on my friends here.

Another thing that I do now is volunteer to email people who need friends. I do this through www.fidmmissions.org. Please check out this website and contact them at [email protected]. Tell them Frederica sent you!

I'm also open for suggestions on how I can avoid cabin fever!

Poodylou 06-02-2002 02:00 PM

Hi all. I love to go with my husband on the truck & even have my license to drive & drove with him for about 2 years after our daughters were grown. We enjoyed the time together but I missed not having a paycheck of my own & the truck became very small when we were together 24/7. I really enjoy the job that I have now working with the elderly & enabling them to remain living in their own homes. The pay isn't fantastic but it is very rewarding to me in a lot of other ways. I was a stay at home mom most of the time while our girls were growing up & get a real sense of personal satisfaction out of my job now. We are fortunate that both of our daughters & all of our grandchildren live close by so we can get together often. My youngest daughter is a nurse & my other daughter is a stay at home farmwife & mom to their 3 preschool sons. Both girls are very busy but we talk daily on the phone & get together at least once a week. We also always take a vacation together once a year. This year it is only 2 weeks away & I am really looking forward to it.

Dianawrites 06-04-2002 09:27 AM

Linda and Kathy,
Thanks so much for your kind words. I was having a down day whan I wrote my post. I'm back up now and that's because of your encouraging words. :)

Linda, I take jazz lessons. I love it. I did my last recital on Saturday night. Here's a picture http://brandmeyer.homestead.com/recital.html if you want to see but promise not to laugh!

I write Christian romance. I have one published and am editing the second one to send off. This one I have enjoyed writing because it is about a woman trucker. I happen to love the sound of diesel engines.
Take care!
Diana

Quote:

Originally posted by reading51
Diana, I definitely don't think you should feel guilty!!! I think it is important that you are happy with what you are doing and it sounds as if you are!! That is what is important!! It sounds as if your life is full!!! A writer!!! How exciting!!! I have always thought I would like to write but that is about as far as it has gone!!! LOL What kind of dancing do you do? Kathy

reading51 06-04-2002 11:33 AM

Diana, Glad you're "back up"!!! Your picture is reallly neat!!!! I wouldn't think of laughing!!! I think it is great!! You have a full life and you enjoy what you are doing. How many other people can say that? Somehow you will have to fit your dancing into your plots in the writing of your books!! You go girl!!! Kathy

Dianawrites 06-04-2002 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by reading51
Diana, Glad you're "back up"!!! Your picture is reallly neat!!!! I wouldn't think of laughing!!! I think it is great!! You have a full life and you enjoy what you are doing. How many other people can say that? Somehow you will have to fit your dancing into your plots in the writing of your books!! You go girl!!! Kathy
Thanks for checking it out Kathy. :) I try and tell myself evertime I get on stage that I'm brave but I think I will just take classes and skip the recital next year! LOL! I did use dance in my first book.
Diana :cat:

reading51 06-04-2002 12:12 PM

You are a whole lot braver than I would be!!! LOL I took dancing lessons starting when I was 5. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now!!! LOL Glad you used the dancing in your book!!! Have a great day!!! Kathy

Dianawrites 06-04-2002 12:21 PM

Kathy,
I didn't start dancing until I was 40! Maybe that's why I enjoy it. I always wanted to do it but there wasn't money when I was a kid. So it's like a dream come true for me. :)
Diana

reading51 06-04-2002 12:50 PM

You could be right!! Kids so often don't appreciate what they do have!!! I had dancing lessons, baton lessons, horseback riding lessons, you name it!!! I just wanted to stay at home and read!!! LOL My DD took dancing and baton too but it was her choice!! She is a born performer!!! Must have gotten it from her father cause she sure didn't get it from me!!!! LOL Kathy

Dianawrites 06-04-2002 12:59 PM

Kathy,
This is too funny! All I did was stay home and read! Maybe we were switched at birth and ended up in the opposite family! :p

My favorite book was Harriet the Spy. I checked it out so many times the librarian refused to let me take it anymore. Mean woman. Then I convinced her I would read three other books if I could take it out again. :-:
Diana

Lind 06-04-2002 01:04 PM

::-)::
Diana,
So glad to hear you are up again! We all have those down days and doubt about what we are doing.
I checked out your picture. I smiled ~ I didn't laugh. You are a beautiful and talented lady. I'm glad to have met you here in this forum.
I can't dance or sing for that matter. But, I have been learning to paint. I recently sent a card I had painted to a lady in our church. She liked it so much that she framed it and hung it on her wall. That really encouraged me and blessed my heart. That is what we are all here for really. . . blessing and encouraging.
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Linda