Empty nesters - Page 8 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Empty Nesters Are all of your kids gone? Need to talk to those in your situation? Stop by here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

[

Thanks! I printed it off crochet fanatic!
It sounds wonderful!
Diana

[/i]
[B]To Diana:Here's the recipe that I use.

Chicken Souvlaki
][/QUOTE]

Old 06-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Re: Only a SAHM could understand that!

Quote:
Originally posted by PrairieRose
: Everytime we have a rainy or snowy day, my grown kids think you're SUPPOSED to bake cookies! It makes me smile cuz I know why they think that. Aaaaahhhhh it was wonderful being at home with my babies and now being at home without them is wonderful too.
I love this! My kids think snow=cookies, too! I'm glad they haven't decided snow also means they don't have to go to work!
Diana

Old 06-11-2002, 11:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

red faced

Please keep in mind I went on stage and danced at the beginning of this month. Last night I went to church to quilt and for some reason decided to do a back flip over a folding chair and popped my knee out. Today I'm hobbling around thinking drugs might be a good idea.

Diana

Old 06-11-2002, 11:19 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Speaking of baking cookies when it snows or rains,as soon as we have our first snowfall(we don't get much snow where I live)I get out my big stock pot and make a big pot of vegetable beef soup and also bake muffins or cookies!

Diana,I hope your knee feels better soon,ouch!
Old 06-11-2002, 12:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Oh Diana, I hope your knee feels better soon!!!! Instead of drugs, maybe you should start a new book!!! ;-) I don't know how hard that would be though!!! Maybe you could incorporate that into it!!! It's weird, the other morning I woke up and my back was hurting and I remembered that I had been dreaming and in my dream, my back had been hurting!!! Strange, huh!!!
Just sit back and let the kids and DH wait on you and try to stay cool!!! It is probably hot and humid by you like it is here!!! Take care!!! Kathy
Old 06-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

It is hot and humid here today. I don't mind though. I'm thinking about dangling my leg in the pool!

Start a new book, are you a masochist? I just finished rewriting one. I need some time to relax before starting the next one. I am researching though--bunnies and bunny rescue.

Diana

Old 06-14-2002, 11:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

shocking anyone here?

Everyone is so quiet! Does that mean you all found a way to fill the time? Share!

I've been hobbling around because of my knee but I found it to be a great excuse for not cleaning the house.

Diana

Old 06-14-2002, 11:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Diana! Are you lonely and feeling sorry for yourself while hobbling around?;-) I'm just kidding! I really hope you get to feeling better soon. I just finished mowing the lawn so you should be glad that you aren't able to do that at the moment! Sitting by the pool sounds alot nicer! Except it's cooler and kind of breezy here today and not pool type weather. It probably hasn't reached you yet. Where are you in Illinois? I live about 45 miles west/northwest of the Quad Cities. Will be in Chicago this weekend, visiting the museum and acquarium with dd and her husband and 2 grandkids. Should be fun!
What does everyone else have planned for the weekend? How about 4th of July plans?
What was the topic of this when we started??!!!
I just dropped in to cheer up Diana!! ;-)
Carol
Old 06-14-2002, 12:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I guess it has been quiet on here, but not in my home Last week our Pastor and his wife had some medical problems that had them in the hospital, so I watched their 10 year old son. He was an absolute joy and very active. He could come up with some clever ideas, too. He asked me how many lives my cat had left. I really wondered what he had in mind for my cat, but all he was thinking was that I needed one of his puppies! Later, after playing a board game, he asked if we could go for a walk ~ if I wasn't too old!!
Well, this week I've been catching up on housework preparing for 2 grandchildren to visit for a week. Devon is 8 and Kayla is 5. They just love coming in the summer without Mom and Dad. Today I thought I'd search the web for some crafts and games we can do while they are here. I bought some stamps for stamping and already have paint and construction paper.
I guess that is where I have been. I hope, Diana, that you are feeling much better.
Have a wonderful day
Linda
Old 06-14-2002, 08:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I've just been really busy with just "stuff"!!! Today is our 30th wedding anniversary so we went out to eat tonight. My DH is going to play golf tomorrow so hopefully I can get at least some filing and laundry done!! I am so glad it has cooled off some and is less humid!!! I am also hoping to get some weeding done.

Diana, what "re-writing" did you do? Hope your knee is doing better (but not too much better that you have to do housework)!!!!!! LOL Kathy