Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education > Elementary School

Old 01-29-2010, 04:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Ideas to celebrate the 100th day of school?

What ways are your kids using/doing to celebrate the 100th day of
school?

What have you done in the past that the kids really enjoyed?

The 100th day of school is coming up soon! My daughter's class has
been counting down the days! They have to bring 100 “things of their
” to school on that day to paste on some sort of picture.

I’m trying to think of things that we can do around the house, too.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Last edited by ajrsmom; 01-29-2010 at 04:07 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi,

My granddaughter's 100 days are today too. I'm not sure what she's taking though. When my kids were in school; I would send raisins, cereal, marshmellows, buttons or toothpicks. We also would string fruit loops on yarn for necklaces and they could count them and then have a snack too. You could cut out 100 hearts from paper and glue into a chain to use for Valentine's Decorations. Cut out small footprints and decorate her bedroom walls with them. Bead with small beads and make her a necklace. You could make some beads out of clay or dough to make the necklace with. Or just string beads on string to hang across her bedroom door. You could count out a 100 pieces of pasta and glue for pictures or string after you have dyed them different colors.
Or you could take dried beans or peas and count to 100 and paste them on paper to make pictures to hang on the wall.
Hope this has given you some ideas.

Last edited by VicRae; 01-29-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

the gd's has done some of the things listed above. I remember one time we did a group of 10 of different things, that way they had more than 1 thing to share. They enjoyed that.

things that they have also done as things I've seen as being a sub teacher:
coins,
pictures,
popcycle sticks,
cotton balls,
cotton swaps,
postcards
stickers
Old 02-05-2010, 08:44 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

A year or two ago Miriam took 100 paperclips in a chain.
One year a container of buttons.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

My grandkids have been saving bottle caps from water bottles for the 100th day of school. ...One year the kids saved a 100 labels off of can goods.......Another year they saved 100 box tops and gave them to the school, the teachers liked that...Also 100 pebbles...leaves, screws, playing cards or 100 pieces of popcorn.....Another year they brought in 100 sunflower seeds which the class planted some in paper cups the following week...They start saving as soon as they get a idea on what they are going to save for the 100th day of school......

Q. Why do ghosts shiver and moan? A. It's drafty under that sheet.

Happy Halloween
Caroline

Last edited by HAPPY6; 02-05-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

These are such great ideas!! My dd's class with be celebrating this day a little late this year because of their 2 snow days. They are celebrating it next Wednesday. We hot glued 100 little flowers onto a painters hat (that what they had to decorate for their project. It had to hold 100 items..anything from dots to macaroni..etc).

I have pics. I just have to be home long enough to upload them. I'll try to do it tonight. The hat is really cute.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 02-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My DGD brought 100 stickers for the 100th day of school. However, she brought them home as she stated that her teacher said she wasn't allowed to bring stickers to school. I have a meeting planned with the teacher on Monday. I plan on finding out what is going on.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBora4BobbyL View Post
My DGD brought 100 stickers for the 100th day of school. However, she brought them home as she stated that her teacher said she wasn't allowed to bring stickers to school. I have a meeting planned with the teacher on Monday. I plan on finding out what is going on.
Wow, no stickers at school?

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 02-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Here's my dd's hat. There's 100 flowers on it!
The pictures are front with tag saying 100 days, front, back and sides with Alexis wearing it.

She said that other hats had stickers, flower petals, dots, wiggley eyes (this was her second choice) and other things that she can't remember. I will be there helping out on Wed. when they wear them so I hope to remember to take my camera!
Attached Images

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 02-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami, my 1st grader's teacher never sent anything home stating to do anything! My granddaughter said the following day was the 100th day of school and they were supposed to bring 100 somethings. I asked my DGD what she wanted to bring. We walked around the store until she found stickers for Valentine's day and they came in packs of 20. 5 of those would make 100. I sent them to school the following day. My DGD came home stating that her teacher said she couldn't bring them to school and that she could pass them out to peers at daycare. I noticed only 4-5 were missing.

Since DGD has had severe behavioral problems since starting the new school in the new town, I am wondering how much of the problems is due to new environment and school and how much is due to the fact the she understands that Mommy and Daddy aren't doing what they should. Either way, I have sent the teacher an email explaining what is going on and asking for her to work with me. She never responded to my email. I sent a message to the teacher via folder with no response. I then went in to talk to the principal. She said the teacher just came down ill the day before. I asked about the other stuff and she did not know. I am going to talk to the teacher Monday. I am going to question the teacher for not responding to me email 2 weeks prior to her becoming ill and why she doesn't respond to my occasional messages in my DGD's folder. The principal thinks that I will LOVE her. I doubt it since I don't think fondly of people who send home messages, but do not reply to them, even after a week.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!