Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Elementary Aged Kids Your little ones have grown up right before your eyes! They are no longer those little babies they once were, and soon they are moving to adolescence.

Old 03-18-2003, 05:08 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Would you send your child to school?

DD was threatened by email. That she should die. DD prnted out the email and showed it to her teacher yesterday. She said that some day this week she will pull her and the other girl who made the threat out od class to talk with the counselor. I have not gotton a call yet. This is the same girl whom the teacher told me in November to watch the friendship they have cause the other girl is very competive and controlling. Well 2 weeks ago I snooped indd email and found mean emails from this girl. DH said this girl is psycho. I did not mention it to the teacher. I'm thinkin I should have. I have written a letter for dd to give to her teacher about those emails. But I question whether I should even send her to school tomorrow. I mean her life was threatened. I do not know if the girls parents aware of this recent email. Her teacher said she would call me but maybe these matters take time but in that time this girl scares me. The subject of the email says...my XXX is after your blood. In the body of text it says You and XXX should die! No one can get lower than you and XXX.

The whole reason for these threats to my dd is because this girl wants my dd's friendship and had it BUT my dd is not allowed to be friends with anyone ELSE according to her. Because my dd knows right from wrong and chosen to not associate with such a person as her she has chosen to not be friends although she really wanted to but if she does chose friendship with her she's not allowed to have any other friends.

This makes me nauseas. I should mention that these girls are 11(5th grade)

Last edited by miracle; 03-18-2003 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
If I were you, I would take my daughter and a copy of the email straight to the principals office in the morning and DEMAND a meeting with her teacher (since she already knows about this). I would then DEMAND a meeting with the girl who did the threatening and her parents,along with the other girl mentioned in the email and her parents. I cannot understand why your daughter's teacher didnt take this more seriously! While you would like to think that this threat really isnt serious, this girl sounds very disturbed and needs help even if she never really planned on carrying out the threat. I wouldnt be surprised if the police were brought into this as well. She made a threat to your daughters life. If you get no results from the school, I would go straight to the police station to talk to someone there.

Please dont ignore this as though it will go away. I think it is better to be overly cautious than to not do anything about it.

Ill be thinking of you and your daughter. Please keep us updated on the progress of the situation.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-19-2003, 04:08 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

I would call the police right NOW! I'm serious. Then call the school district. I would not send your daughter to school. A threat is a threat.

So get off the computer and go call the police.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Woa! You mean you aren't parked outside the principal's office WITH a police officer??? I'd even go so far as to go to the newspaper if nothing is done about this.

Trust me from personal experience (we had a situation similar in my dh's family) the police DO take these threats seriously.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 03-19-2003, 09:13 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I got a phone call at 7:50 am from my dd's teacher. She told me what she has done about it thus far. All principals in the school know, all faculty/staff in the building know to keep an ear out for my'dd's name as well as the psycho girl should their students hear of anything and talk about it. They are going to do an intervention with the girl. Her parents were contacted. They will be keeping an eye on her(psycho girl) all day, everyday. It was a very long conversation with lots of details and then asked if how it was handled so far is sufficient for me and if my dd can join the intervention with the counselor and other aurhorities to give her side of the last 6.5 months being harassed by this girl. Her teacher admitted that this situation is above her and she needs assistance to help clear it up. She also told me that this girl tells her lies blaming my dd for things that she knows my dd did not do. She feels sorry for my dd for being in the middle of all this but commended her on how well she has handled it thus far.

If things were not in motion as they are then I would not have sent her to school. We'll see how it goes from here. I am, as well as the teacher concerned how this girl will NEXT take her frustrations out on my dd. My dd blocked her from her email 2 wks ago, so then she sent it to another site over the weekend(the life threatening email). I emailed the site and told them of this and suggested she be banned from the site. If she is it may set her off. Then the only other way for her to get to my dd is at school.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh wow I'm glad to hear that they are all taking this seriously. I know you will be concerned about dd's safety so stay on top of this! She sounds very mature (your dd) for her age.

God bless you both--hopefully once the other parents are involved this girl will receive the help she needs and not just excuses.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 03-19-2003, 09:55 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

I would still call the police department and has something official on record. Or call them for advise, if they don't want to get involved, they'll tell you.

I'm glad the school is very good and are watching things.

6.5 months seems long. I guess though, maybe the girl is crying out - I would think if she hasn't really done anything other than threats that hopefully it won't go any further.

Keep us all posted.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:00 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Well, how things change. I walked dd to her classroom this morning cause she had alot to carry. It was a few minutes after 8am, the busses had unloaded and some were still unloading. I was annoyed at the fact that there was not 1 adult near/in her room. DD felt comfortable with me leaving so I walked really slow. They obviously are not keeping to what I was told. They did however start the intervention process with the troubled girl by herself. Tomorrow will be intresting. The entire 5th grade is having a special presentation on colonial days and parents will be there. I have not seen troubled girls mom since this ordeal came up. Intrested if she says anything to us. Also intrestd to see how the girl interacts with our dd.

Last night at church I asked a police officer who goes to our church if I shoulf file a police report or if the school does that. He said if they did I would know by now but seems they have not. He encouraged me to file one.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:44 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

Does your dd still have the emails?

Well I would file one; especially if he confirmed with what I said.

This girl will not get dragged off to jail if that's what you think. It's just good to have it on file. Too bad the officer you know couldn't file it for you.

Well keep us posted.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I would notify the police also so that there is a formal record. Our son had a different type situation but one that we kept flip flopping on should we or shouldn't we talk to the police. We finally did and they were very gracious and professional and took the information. They honestly told us that we may or may not hear from a detective but that the report would be in the boy's file.

God bless.