Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Elementary Aged Kids Your little ones have grown up right before your eyes! They are no longer those little babies they once were, and soon they are moving to adolescence.

Old 03-29-2003, 01:08 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Things are NOT going well. The teacher never called me last week like she said she would. They did get the 3 girls together with the counselor but it ended up that they have to eat lunch with her on Monday and compliment her 3 times a day. I'm sending a note to school that my dd will NOT eat lunch with a classmate that said "she should die". What are they thinking? It has been 2 weeks and this is how they handle the situation? The counselor asked the girl if she knew that the email she sent my dd was a terroristic threat. She said yes. You know why she is still in school? Because it was sent home and not said in school eventhough the teacher warned me in November to watch the friendship since this girl is controlling and competitve. this girls actions have escalated over the school year to the point of threatning my dd and the reason she did it was cause she thought it would be the only way to get myy dd back as a friend. The only punishmnet she has received by her parents was no more email priviledges! I am so angry.!
Old 03-29-2003, 01:12 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

I think that you should set up an appt with the superintendent.

Voice your concern to him/her.

Have you talked with the girls parents?

Man, I feel for you and your daughter.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'd say it's time to go to the school board, police and newspaper, not necessarily in that order. Is there any chance of private or home schooling? I'd sure be looking at one or both.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 03-31-2003, 09:22 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I called the counselor this morning. Evidently the idea to eat lunch together was agreed upon by all 3 girls. But the idea came from the girl who sent the email. My dd was just not bold enough to say she did not want to eat lunch with her. She did not want to hurt her feelings. The counselor had asked them on ways they could find to be able to function in the classroom together rather than the stuff that was going on. It got to yhe point that my dd and her friend were so sick of this girls crap that they started to kick her and trip her. All is fine. The counselor told me that she knows that my dd and her friend did not instgate this situation and they have spoken to the girls parents about it but they can only do so much. Only with what happens in school. WHat the parents choose to do outside of school is untouchable to them. So if they choose to not get their dd help for her deep depression they can not make them. I feel some what better but I still feel as tough this girl may pull a rabbitt out of her hat unexpectedly.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:57 AM
New Neighbor

Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

here in georgia we have "bullying" laws in place for the school system-not only is the bully faced with going to an "alternative school" the parents are also brought up on charges. are there bullying laws in pennsylvania? maybe as well as going to the board and the police you could look into the parents being held responsible for their childs conduct?

good luck!
Old 04-03-2003, 06:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I filed a police report this morning. I have to follow up with the oficer that deals with juveniles who happens to also work with dd's school. They say this is harrassment and has gone on too long. He said usualyy once hte police get involved by talking to the child, in this case the troubled girl things stop. But you never know. Her teacher is very concerned now. I had to walk her to class this morning cause this girl tripped her at the end of the day. SHe said she would behave but apparently NOT! The saga continues.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:39 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

Why don't you pull your child out of classes. Ask the teachers to get together work for her for home. Tell them that you will not send her until this problem is resolved. This other girl should be suspended. Can she be put in different classes?

Are you in a position that she can spend a few weeks at home?

You threaten or even do take her out, they'll cooperate, after all they get $ for every day your child attends school.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:12 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Well, it is getting to that point. My dd came home today to tell me(they had a another session today, all 3 girls at lunch) and she said the troubled girl blatantly lied in front of all of them. She claimed my dd cut in front of her yseterday at lunch, well my dd packed her lunch. They knew she was lying and then she says oh, thats right, it was that other girl I forget her name. Then the teacher asked her why she tripped my dd yesterday and if she did it on purpose. She said she does not remember if she did it on purpose or not. I did get dd's locker moved this morning since it was next to the troubled girls. They are now talking about switching homerooms. I told her teacher that my only solution is for the girl to be pulled out of school. I have decided that my dd will not have a room change this late in the year and if they do not have this girl removed I will remove my dd. I was told that the problem is not going away meaning the troubled girl so they need to move my dd away from the problem. I dont think so. She needs taken out of school and helped. At this point I am seriously considering filing charges on top of the report I made this morning. Now that I look back in hindsight I can see now where they were in subtle terms trying to tell me tho file since they can only do so much and the fact that they can not tell me that nothing is being done to help this girl outside of school. I think they will be relieved if I do take the action/threat of removing my dd from school so they can tell this girls parnts to coerce them to take their dd out. Her teacher told me her hands are tied and the look on mher face..I cant get it out of my head.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:32 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...=&postid=32924

Here's a thread "are our schools safe". Interesting reading.

I would go to school tomorrow or Monday and lay it on the line! They're working for you - you pay school taxes! I would tell them they have until Mon or Tues to get back to you what they are going to do with this situation - suspending the girl, or an immediate meeting with her parents and you (no kids involved) or you will pull your daughter out.

Stand firm. Get this settled. The school knows you're not acting immediately and dragging their feet.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:45 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have done what you said but in letter form and it is on its way to school at the moment. If I could go today like I did yesterday I would do it in person. We are in back-up mode at work so I HAVE to be there today. There is no one to fill in for me. The counselotr is meting with the girls mom today and I mentioned in the letter to share my feelings with her since the police told me I can not talk to them. I told them The troubled girl gets pulled from school or I pull my dd from school.