FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Education (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/education/)
-   -   Ideas for staff "welcome back" gifts from the PTA? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/education/29166-ideas-staff-welcome-back-gifts-pta.html)

ajrsmom 07-14-2011 04:19 PM

Ideas for staff "welcome back" gifts from the PTA?
 
I'm in search of ideas that I could use to make small welcome back gifts for the staff (about 100 people) for my dd's elem. school. The gifts will have to cost in total $100. or less and would be for the teachers, asst. teachers, bus drivers, lunch crew, maintenance..etc.

Last year I made "encourageMINT" bags: little yellow paper bags filled with mints and strips of papers with written encouraging sayings on them that I looked up, printed out, cut out and added to the bags. The bags were cute but very time consuming on my end! But at least the mints could be eaten.

The year before, the lady who had my position on the PTA board put together a cup with little things like an eraser, a paperclip...with sayings for them. Nothing wrong with this but I don't think that it served any purpose.

This year, I would like put together something that they could use or eat (not homemade).

Here are a couple of ideas that I've come up with but I have problems with these, too. (noted in red).

Friendship Tea spooned into tiny containers or baby food jars with a little note card attached. (Problem: I don't know where to find 100 baby food jars or little containers for a decent price.) This was my favorite idea but I'm beating my brain trying to think of something to use to hold the tea. Help!!

Sanity Saver treats: a granola bar, a drink mix tube, a couple of Hershey Kisses and a pack of gum stuffed into a toilet paper tube and decorated with tissue paper. (Problem: finding enough toilet paper tubes or even paper towel tubes to = 100.)

If you have any ideas for me, please post them!!

Thanks!
Tami

jokir 07-14-2011 07:02 PM

A good full size chocolate bar with a note written on the computer.
" You're All Here-SWEET! "
I've gotten all sorts and price ranges from PTA but for a dollar gift limit a chocolate candy bar is always appreciated and easy for you too.
they will all understand the kid lingo "sweet".

Debwestbury 07-14-2011 11:08 PM

Why not do one of those Teacher Survival kits...you can use a small bag with a Welcome back on it...stenciled on...then go o line and research Teachers Survival kit...put everything in the bag...put a little not card on it with what each item means...and because you can purchase most of the items in bulk, it will not cost that much...and each bag can be adjusted to fit the person...

apricot 07-15-2011 01:13 AM

Tami, Do you have an online Freecycle group in your area? I belong to two groups here and people are always offering things like empty baby food jars or other small containers. (Of course, you would want to wash them well). I think once someone even offered paper towel tubes. I like the candy bar idea too.

gorilla 07-15-2011 05:35 AM

Dollar Tree has small bottles of hand sanitizers - I think it's a 2 pack for $1. You could embellish one of those for each person. Easy to carry, and handy to have.

ajrsmom 07-15-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apricot (Post 1045514)
Tami, Do you have an online Freecycle group in your area? I belong to two groups here and people are always offering things like empty baby food jars or other small containers. (Of course, you would want to wash them well). I think once someone even offered paper towel tubes. I like the candy bar idea too.

I did find one lady to offer me 30 tp rolls and she is going to continue to collect them for me until the second week of Aug. I still don't think that I will have enough.

I've asked on Freecycle twice now for jars but no response yet. :(

apricot 07-15-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Tami, Do you have an online Freecycle group in your area? I belong to two groups here and people are always offering things like empty baby food jars or other small containers. (Of course, you would want to wash them well). I think once someone even offered paper towel tubes. I like the candy bar idea too.


Quote:

I did find one lady to offer me 30 tp rolls and she is going to continue to collect them for me until the second week of Aug. I still don't think that I will have enough. I've asked on Freecycle twice now for jars but no response yet
Would small canning jars work? I think the pint size and smaller jars come in a box with several already in them. It's been a few years since I bought any so don't know what the price range is now but it was around $20 then and there were lots of jars in one box on the smallest size, half pint maybe?

afpresley 07-23-2011 06:08 PM

i also like the little baby size canning jars like jelly jars hey and did you know you can cook in this like banana bread are any kind of cake and after you take them out of the oven they will seal right up and put you a tag on them. i done some of these for christmas in the bigger jars but i know you could the little jars as well i cooked pumpkin bread brownies and banana bread in them and got a piece of cotton material and cut a circle a little bigger then the lid and put a label on the jar.coook it on 350 like you would a cake and just watch dont fill to full just about 1/2 full because it rises.

ajrsmom 07-23-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afpresley (Post 1046521)
i also like the little baby size canning jars like jelly jars hey and did you know you can cook in this like banana bread are any kind of cake and after you take them out of the oven they will seal right up and put you a tag on them. i done some of these for christmas in the bigger jars but i know you could the little jars as well i cooked pumpkin bread brownies and banana bread in them and got a piece of cotton material and cut a circle a little bigger then the lid and put a label on the jar.coook it on 350 like you would a cake and just watch dont fill to full just about 1/2 full because it rises.

Those little cups are so cute. I made mint brownie jars for my daughter's teachers and for the crossing guard at my son's school but I used the bigger jars, too.

Do you have a recipe that uses the smaller jars? Any idea where I could get the smaller jars that wouldn't cost me a fortune? I have to keep the cost as much under $100. that I possibly can.

I'm playing with the idea of making Friendship Tea but I'm still trying to come up with a cute way of packaging it. It's between that and the "sanity saver" treats so far.

I'm still looking for other ideas, though!

Thank everyone! Keep the ideas coming. :)

LisaHVA 07-23-2011 06:36 PM

I am not sure of an awesome container, but I suggest that you DON'T use toilet paper rolls. We used to save them for projects at the child care center I work at. Then, one day we had to move our site and we bagged them all up in a clean garbage bag. When we opened it up at the new site the whole bag smelled like poo... Paper/cardboard is pourous and absorbant, it absorbs smells too.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.