Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education

Education Daycare providers, teachers, homeschoolers, and parents. Gather here to share your thoughts and ideas.

View Poll Results: Have you attended any of your high school reunions?
Yes, I've attended 1-4 class reunions 19 61.29%
Yes, I've attended 5 or more class reunions 0 0%
Are you kidding me? Why would I do that? 9 29.03%
other.... 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2009, 07:59 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Theresa, that is a terrible thing to tell you that you couldn't come to your reunion because you were divorced.

I have not gone to any of mine. Not even when I lived only 10 miles away. There were clicky people in my class which I hate.
And some who thought they were better than others.
My opinion has always been, you are not better than someone else and I am not better than anyone else.
My 50th is this fall and I'm not going to that one either. As usual it is the whole weekend.
I don't feel that I missed out on anything.
There really is no one I would care to visit with.
They have always found me too. This time they found me by contacting my son. I don't know how they found him. He doesn't know either. He got a phone call from someone on the reunion committee and he told her my address and married name. The more I think about it though, this gal lived in the same village as I did at one time and knew my ex-brother-in-law. She may have called him.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Thanks everyone...the ones on the Reunion Committee were all the snobs in high school...so nothing surprised me at all...I dealt with them in High School and decided not to deal with them ever again...Its their loss not mine...though I have thought what it would have been like seeing everyone again...but that is just a fleeting thought...

Smiles & Hugs...

Old 07-12-2009, 05:21 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy face

I'm sorry that some of you have had a bad experience at your reunions. At our reunions, we pay 25.00 for guests & the current graduating class & the honored graduating class do not pay.My class will be honored next year. Most of the time things get started on time. The food is catered & we have a nice selection of foods.. it's set up so that you go through the line & fix your own plate. You get what you want, including dessert. The D.J. plays a variety of music.. 50's, 60's through to the current year. In 2006, I went with my hubby to his 50th reunion & was surprised at how many of his class that I remembered. Some of his classmates rode the same school bus as I did. I'm looking forward to attending my 50th next year. We have family in the area so it won't cost us for a hotel.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Minny, That's a nice idea of your school honoring a class at each reunion and good that yours will be free next time.

My dh is on the free part of Classmates.com and someone sent him an invitation to a reunion last year. He said he didn't want to see some of those people ever again. He went to a different high school than I did and is six years older than me so I wouldn't have known anybody.

My mom went to high school in Ceres, CA which was a small farming community at the time. I remember going with her to one reunion and she loved it. It was a small school and all the years were combined at the reunions. One of her sisters lived there all her life and went to the reunions every year.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:04 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Laura, I ignored the ones that were snobs. I feel this way.. if they don't like me, so what .. no love or friendship lost cuz it's possible that I don't like them either LOL. There are always snobs in every place you go, so I just ignore them. I try to get along with everyone but I'm not going to bend over backwards to try to be nice to them if they won't be nice to me.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

We had a few snobs too BUT amazingly at the reunions I was able to go to they were just like the rest of us no high and mighty ways anymore. When I go to the reunions I stay with a classmate and one that also drives. I so hope I am able to go to the next one am saving $$ where I can and praying my health will let me.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My tenth reunion was just like high school. They were all stuck up snobs. And I planned the stupid reunion! lol We haven't had one since. I live in the town we graduated from, one gal lives 15 miles away and a guy lives 35 miles away. I guess there have been complaints about not having more reunions but no one will contact the ones who live here. Shows how stuck up everyone still is.

Dh reunions were a blast until one gal decided she had to plan everything. Everyone got along so well and had such a good time they had reunions every five years. This gal has simply ruined everyone's great time. No one will say one word to her either. Don't need that crap so we haven't gone back. What started her attitude was needing a place to have the picnic. We offered our house which is three blocks from main street. The reunions are the same weekend as the town celebration. This gal threw a fit about having a picnic at our home. We won't attend anymore.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Relizse my post that I posted yesterday disappear, so will start another one.

Theresa I agree with the rest of these ladies, it was very rude of them to treated you that way.

I went my 15th yr reunion and was so glad I did. With my low self esteem I discover that it was I that was hiding and not allowing myself
to join in with the others. It was a wide awaking for me and it really helped me to grow from finding this out.. they were glad to
see me and I really had a great time.
I had left my driver License at home, for it ws my 15th class reunion and I never thought I would get carded, they did!
One of the guys went up to the bar before John got there to get me a drink. so the next drink John bought for me..
don't think they will card me this time around
which will be Oct 10th..
it will be our 40th ??? yrs... wow, did I say that.
Yea because my dd will be 32 on her bday.. boy I'm getting up there in age.. LOL or these kids are growing up faster these days.

i'm looking forward to this one too.
there been a few that I've missed due to other obligations. In fact we were planning on going to John's reunion this yr but.....
Old 07-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

1998 we had a 15 year reunion, was interesting to see who if anyone had changed and who was still living that single life and not changed at all, surprisingly many were.

It's funny you look at those people who were snobs or in the "in" groups and really they are no different than us but at that age it's a different mentality.

I was probably shyer at high school, didn't break out until I married and thought I really am an adult and I make my own choices. Funny how circumstances change us.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I went to my 5th, missed the 10th, went to the 20th & 25th. I don't think they had a 15th. They haven't been too bad. The 5th was the worst. Too close to the high school years. The last 2 were expensive...$50 per person. I only go to the ones my old high school freinds attend.

Missing my Mom...1/15/07 ~ 1/15/16
Nine years without my best friend

**.ƸӜƷ**