Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education

Education Daycare providers, teachers, homeschoolers, and parents. Gather here to share your thoughts and ideas.

View Poll Results: Have you attended any of your high school reunions?
Yes, I've attended 1-4 class reunions 19 61.29%
Yes, I've attended 5 or more class reunions 0 0%
Are you kidding me? Why would I do that? 9 29.03%
other.... 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I think all that were able to get to our reunions were happy to be there. We all were taking pictures and exchanging phone numbers and addresses both snail and email. Our food was a choice of 2 diff main things and it was all good food did not hear any griping lol. My classmates are scattered all over the states a few did not move too far from our small town in Jersey.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:09 PM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

We went to my 10 yr and hated it. I have't been to one sense.

Dh and I went to his 15th the day before my 10th. We had a fantastic time at his. For his class being 1/2 the size of my graduate class he had more people at his.

I am not sure if his was better because not only did he know all the people. I knew alot of the people also. We live in the town that dh grew up in. So we have kids that go to school with kids that have parents that went to school with dh.

But his class hasn't had a reunion sense. We won't go to mine any more.

Charlotte
Old 07-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBeanieBaby
I was going to go to the 10th reunion until I was told to stay away from it because I was a divorced mom of 3...and it would be embarrassing for my ex classmates...So I stayed away...I don't think I missed out on much...

Hugs...
OMG, how rude! No, I highly doubt you missed out on anything.

I've never attended any of my reunions, either. I wasn't planning on going to any of them but I did ask a guy friend, who was working on the committee, one time why I hadn't received an invitation. He told me that he asked the girl in charge and she said that they couldn't find an address for me. Yeah, right! I still lived in the same town that I graduated in and everyone knew that my father still lived in the same house that I grew up in + plus everyone knew my sister. (and I worked next door to the guy who I asked in the first place). Just because my last name had changed because I was married (getting divorced at the time), that was the poorest excuse I've ever heard.

I've never looked back to find any of them.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pag36
Yes I was blessed to be able to go to 25th, 45th and 50th and pray that dollarwise and healthwise I can go to the one next year. As soon as we finish one reunion the committee starts planning the next one. We have lost I believe about 13 of ours. I enjoyed my high school days and the older I get the more important my classmates mean to me. I got a call from one the 3rd of June and he told me the same thing. His dear wife is in early stages of Alzheimers so don't know if he will make it to next one or not. Another classmate just lost his wife last month and he too is in early stages of A== so honestly don't think he will be there. Sorry did not mean to ramble on
Patti, I think that it's so wonderful that you've been able to enjoy your reunions. Sounds like you had a bunch of wonderful people in your class.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes Tammi for the most part we had good caring students, we had our class clowns , the ones they thought the were "it" we had a few that were really heavy BUT no one picked on ythem , I was never in any of the clubs because did not have anyone who could come pick me up after the function was over plus I was never into sports, But despite being just a studen no clubs or talents I still had friend and they all mean so very much even now after 54 yrs,
Old 07-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

40th class reunion

Ironically, I married in 2003 and just weeks later was my class reunion, so we decided to kill two birds with one stone...go to reunion and honeymoon at same time...so being from Indiana at that time...we headed for sunny California....was there two weeks but went to reunion and it was terrible...dinner was to be at 6:30....didn't eat till 8:40, no one knew where to sit....it was all outside...and of course the bugs and such....the band was suppose to start at 9:00 but didn't until after 10 b/c dinner was late....they were to take single and group pictures....our single pictures were horrible...but I bought them anyway and sent back the group pics b/c half the pp were cutoff..and I was one of them.....heads were cutoff...it was a disaster. I have NEVER been to anything that was so damn disorganized....so never again...and to top it all off, this is not the first reunion that they had...I am glad I didn't waste my time with all the others! Oh and they made a reunion photo album...and so many things were listed wrong in it and we paid for this!!!! How sad!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My grad class only has had a 10 year and 20 year.....I missed part of the 10 year one because my brother got married the same weekend. I went the whole weekend to my 20th and I had an awsome time....we had a great venue and 90% of the grad class showed up....It was great seeing everyone and how most were doing really well. Funny how so many were on 2nd or 3rd marriages and some were just starting to have kids. I was able to reconnect with some who i had lost touch with over the years and I still keep in touch today. I am looking forward to our 30th. My hubby on the other hand has never been to a reunion from his school..I am not even sure they have them...

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 07-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Myan I am so sorry your reunion was so unorganized. Ours have always been really nice we just have one day/evening of things not 2-3 like some other schools. All the pictures and other mementoes have all been nice.
DEBK very happy yours have turned out really nice.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Theresa, That was so rude of your classmates to tell you not to come to the reunion because you were divorced.

Good to hear that a couple people enjoyed their reunions. I've never gone to any of mine. The 10th was a dance/dinner party at a place I didn't care to go and on the 20th my mother was in the hospital on her deathbed. On the 30th they decided to do something low-key with a picnic where you bring your own food and have tried to do that every year. I don't care to drive over 100 miles to just buy some fastfood to bring to take to a park on a hot day and socialize with people I barely know and have to pay for a hotel for the evening because I don't drive at night.

One lady that I went to high school with still lives in that area and thinks the reunions are great and always tries to get me to come. There is a 30-some year reunion this year and it has been moved to somebody's house. I don't know that person either. It is on July 25th but we won't be going because we are saving to go somewhere for our 25th WA in September. I feel that I've moved on and don't want to look back.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I have received the invites of course they did have to find out where I lived. THey found me! How? Anyway the night was always over priced. Way over priced. I really don't need to see any of them. I am so glad to hear that so many of you have such great memories.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills