Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 09-22-2002, 01:06 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

mega leather

Sorry it took so long for me to respond.

hahaha -I wouldn't say I'm all that dedicated! I've tried the recipe, but admittedly, only once. It does take a bit of time! Right now I'm working on a pemmican recipe that I'm pretty excited about. If you want to really see people dedicated to health and diet, you should read the kefir board! Those people are amazing, always with such great health info and ideas.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kefir_making/

To the gal who wants to buy from Dean: Well...he's just a regular person. I don't believe he has a commercial set-up, but I'd be happy to look up his email address. Why don't you email me at [email protected] and I will forward your email to him. Then you two can discuss it.

In all honesty, when I get the 'cooking bug', I try lots of exquisite stuff, but most of the time, I just stick to my daily kefir. It's inexpensive, simple and low-maintenance, which is just what I need for most of my busy, over-whelming days.
Old 09-22-2002, 01:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I've been doing the same as SueAnne. Although I may screw up during the day, I love and always eat a nice healthy breakfast. The past two days I added about 1/8 c. ground flax to my hot cereal with raisins cooked in, stirred it up with some walnuts, and whoa - what an excellent breakfast! But then (and this NEVER happens unless I'm ill with diarrhea!) I needed to visit the bathroom 3 times that day. And twice the next day. Today only once so far. So I guess this stuff is cleaning me out?

I want to try the barley powder too. I think I tried something like it before and it was bitter. I don't like stuff like that in juice, and don't like sweetened drinks so I just drank it straight up. Ow! It was hard to finish that jar of stuff. Sheila, was that Vitamin World's brand of green barley powder? Or another brand?
Old 09-22-2002, 05:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Lightbulb green barley powder

hello stargazer-
yes the green barley powder is the vitaminworld brand.
it is 15 oz. of powder and makes 70 servings per container. i beleive it was around $13-14 dollars regular price. in our sunday paper -there are manufacturers coupons and special coupons for nearby stores that advertise-once in a while, vitamin world will have a page with a 50% off 1 item coupon-or just go to any vitamin world and enroll in their card program (its free) and once a month-for 2-3 days - you can purchase items 30-40 % off. if no store locally-check the internet website-they probably have the same offer.
also-the Green source vitamins ive been taking (also vitamin world brand)-have some barley green and wheat grass in the tablets,along with flaxseed oil
hope it helps-i really do enjoy the taste of the drink with just water!
sincerely-sheila ann anderson
Old 09-22-2002, 05:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Sheila, Thanks for those tips! I plan to try it out. :-) Lisa
Old 06-28-2014, 12:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Don't know how I missed this thread back when.
I bought Flax seed and had son in love grind it up for me.
I eat it in with oatmeal and sometimes lol with Grits and Egg.
I am drinking V-8 right now. Always have oranges well most
any day. Yesterday had Blueberries, Mango, Nectarine, water
melon Red Grapes as a salad. Love my fruits.