FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Eating Healthier (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/eating-healthier/)
-   -   what did you eat healthy today? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/eating-healthier/27282-what-did-you-eat-healthy-today.html)

bluebird 04-25-2010 07:25 PM

what did you eat healthy today?

I haven't been eating very healthy lately. Hopefully this thread will give me more willpower to get and stay on track.

Eating healthy today, did okay. Ate oatmeal, with coconut oil, cinnamon and 1/2 n 1/2 for breakfast. The roast took forever to cook so we ate it for dinner instead of lunch. For lunch we ate cheese, crackers, summer sausage and fresh fruit with a homemade smoothie. That is one of our favorite quick meals. I have started freezing any little bits of leftover fruit for smoothies.

Worked on the plan for the garden. I did plant a salad bowl and it is up! We should be eating fresh lettuce and greens in a few weeks!!!

Anyone know anything about cress? How do you eat it? Mine is doing great but don't have a clue how to eat it! lol

Cooked 04-28-2010 02:35 PM

I know nothing about cress, sorry. We have been trying to eat better also. I have been introducing grains like quinoa (love it) and barley (love that too!). Tonight we are having barley and carrots, with oven baked Basa filets. I have watermelon and some left over apple crisp for dessert.
I am finding it really difficult to cook healthy. I have been cooking meat and potatoes for construction types for so long, that this is requiring a whole new mindset, and it isn't coming easily!

Sammi1961 07-09-2010 10:14 AM

So far today what I ate that is healthy is fresh cherries, a low fat yogurt smoothie and a bowl of whole grain cereal. But I also had an unhealthy vanilla shake from McDonald's. It is so hot here and the shake really hit the spot. I have also been drinking a lot of sweetened green tea. The green tea part is healthy - the sweetener is not. I just love that stuff, though but I should really substitute water instead, especially in the heat.

Cooked, do you have any good recipes for quinoa? I have some quinoa but would love to have some new recipes to try. I, too, grew up on meat and potatoes so am always looking for newer, healthier recipes to use.

Bilby 07-09-2010 02:57 PM

Only just passed breakfast but today I've had strawberries.

Quinoa I went to buy this the other day and nearly fainted at the price 250g $6 eek!

dval 07-09-2010 05:54 PM

I had cherry tomatoes fresh out of my garden and green beans from a local farm.

Pag36 07-09-2010 05:57 PM

Just had some more of the Fresh Fruit Salad yummy

apricot 07-09-2010 07:04 PM

I had multigrain Cheerios with blueberries and a banana this morning, a salmon patty and peas this evening. I don't really like fish but am trying to eat a little now and then. Lunch was not healthy with hot dogs and macaroni salad. I could probably almost be a vegetarian but dh is a meat and potatoes man and resists almost all even halfway healthy food.

HAPPY6 07-10-2010 08:25 AM

Bowl of fresh fruit salad....I could eat this every day for lunch.

Sammi1961 07-11-2010 06:12 AM

Apricot, I have the same problem with my dh - I can live without meat for the most part but my dh likes meat (he once joked to me about trying to make him anemic by not serving meat for two weeks LOL)

This morning for breakfast I had a Stonyfield Farm organic supershot yogurt smoothie.

HAPPY6 07-11-2010 04:12 PM

Today I made wheat pasta and sauce....