Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Healthy Living > Health & Fitness > Healthy Eating > Eating Healthier

Old 08-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

YEA I WAS WONDERING WHY NO CHEESE AFTER 12 TOO........

I EAT FRUIT AND VEGGIE SALADS JUST ABOUT EVERYDAY AT LUNCH TIME....I really think all foods can be healthy as long as you don't over do on anything. One thing I never eat fried foods, just don't care for anything fried.

“Who does not thank for little will not thank for much.”

Caroline
Old 08-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I rarely eat anything fried either but if I have chicken livers gotta be fried. But have not had them in good while.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Eggs for breakfast, veggies for lunch, pasta with meatballs and homemade sauce for dinner. Thinking about a cookie but haven't ate it...........yet. Still thinking.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Breakfast again was a whole grain English muffin and a fat free pomegranate Greek yogurt. Snack was a fresh pear and then dinner was 5 oz of steak and some carrots. I did cheat today, though, and had a med. Dunkin Donuts coffee coolatta that my ds1 bought for me.

~Mother Theresa

Old 08-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Connie what is it about cooking cravings. Every day about 2 hours after lunch I crave chocolate chip cookies. Lately for a snack I have been eating fruit but that doesn't exactly kill the cookie craving. Then later after dinner I crave cookies again but try not to snack then. I am trying to break my sugar cravings and I know it will take a few weeks. then maybe I will tackle my salt addiction.

~Mother Theresa

Old 08-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I've been eating an apple everday before each meal as it fills you up & you don't eat as much. Breakfast was a Yoplait light yogurt with coffee after my apple. Lunch will be a turkey sandwich on wheat bread with light mayo. Dinner tonight I'm splurging! It will be medium rare steak with butter & parsley potatoes & salad with feta cheese & croutons & Italian dressing!

Tara
Old 08-25-2010, 11:33 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I had a protein bar and banana for breakfast (and a coffee ). For lunch, rice and veggies (mushrooms, onions, peppers, broccoli, and carrots). For dinner, I think I will have a veggie pizza. Eating healthy isn't so bad.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Today so far I have had two hard boiled eggs and some red grapes for breakfast with a cup of orange juice.

~Mother Theresa

Old 08-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Eggs for breakfast, tomato, cucumber and tuna for lunch. Some beef and noodles for a snack. Tea water and juice to drink.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sorry I've been AWOL on this thread--wasn't ignoring anyone!

The reason for no cheese after 12 noon is that it is high-calorie saturated animal fat, pretty much, and eating it early gives you all day to digest it and burn it off.(HOPEFULLY!)

We are still doing well in what we're eating. If DH could give up fresh french bread baguettes, we'd both do better. He buys it, I eat it with him. I have actually started eating fish once a week. I like it, but DH doesn't, so he doesn't eat it. DH has gained back 5 of the 10 pounds he lost, but he has not been as active as when he was in Texas working on DS's new kitchen. His blood pressure, though, is still good without the prescription med. My weight drops maybe 3 pounds, then I find it again. But I am still doing well without the other BP med, and may need to halve the one I take. Best of all, I feel so much better about myself, and my dh feels better about himself. And it just feels wonderful, knowing we're truly eating healthy. Surprisingly, I'm still not missing meat. We have been doing this for 2 months. It was suggested to DH that he try a vegetarian diet for 2 months to see about lowering his blood pressure, and I told him if he did it I would too. Neither of us regret it! We will continue this eating style for the time being.