Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Easter Share your recipes, ideas, memories, and more here!

Old 03-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Any new ideas for Easter baskets?

What's the latest trends for Easter baskets? I'd like to try something other than a basket, pail or small tub this year, but I can't think of anything clever to use. Any ideas?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-12-2009, 05:53 AM

Tami, when there got to be a bunch of grandkids my mom would take brown paper lunch bags and decorate them with the grands name and some Easter stickers, put Easter grass in the bottom and then the candy and eggs. The kids loved them.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami use a hat turned upside down.....For my daughter I bought her a funky purse filled with her items......we have used reusable shopping bags too.....the dollar store has them with themes...last year te boys got them with their fav hockey team...

Hugs dEbbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 03-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We don't give baskets. I fill 1 dozen plastic eggs for each child. They are color coded (DD gets purple, Big DS gets speckled, Luke gets green) and there is a note that tells the kids which ones they are looking for. The eggs are hidden around the house.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Easter Basket Ideas

This year my son is geting a new bookbag as his easter basket (he needs one anyway- his has a hole in it) and he will probally get to use it for first part of next year too! We also give him a coloring book/crayons, a new book (he has been wanting) toothbrush, some of his favorite candies and a toy. I have also given him bubble bath or those bath tablets (that color the water green). We get my niece hairbows, pale fingernail polish/chapstick too.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Try a flower pot. You can add seeds to plant after the candy is gone. There are some really cute printed ones or get a plain one and paint it yourself.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Assistant Moderator

Make a 'basket' out of brown paper bags. You need three bags. Fold the first bag down almost all the way to the bottom. I think three or four folds. The next bag don't fold so far down, place bag number 2 inside bag number 1. Fold bag number 3 down two or three times but it needs to be taller than bag number 2. Place bag 3 inside bag 2. Fold another bag lengthwise for the handle. Staple the handle to the bag. Decorate with stickers, ribbons whatever you have on hand. You can use brown bags, white or colored ones.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I can think of one for a girl 10 and up and that would be a sewing basket filled with a couple of needles and threads, tape measure, etc. For a boy 10 and up I would give a tackle box with fishing things in it. oh don't for get the chocolate bunny!!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I remember my old neighbors used to hold an Easter egg hunt for their grandkids. They would put money in the eggs. Coins only--and only one coin per egg. The kids had a blast with it, and the grandparents didn't have to go shopping for basket stuffers.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Nine Year Member

Over on makingfriends.com they have a kit to make

Paper plate Easter Baskets.

With the directions I was going to make a few for the grandkids out of plain white plates and use the coloring page

http://www.makingfriends.com/color/c...unny_2eggs.htm

on the front end of the basket.

And fill with a small chocolate rabbit, and some other small candy. Also snack crackers or cheese sticks with a small orange or apple. Which are more healthy choices for kids.

If I get around and have time. They are all under 5 years old and will have other bigger baskets also.
Vicky