Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Earth Friendly & Recycling Are you doing your part to help save the Earth and make it a better place for the next generations? Talk about recycling and going green here!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Roberta, I put the laundry detergent lid in with a load of wash when I finish up a bottle and the lid gets all goopy.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:47 AM

Patti

Yes our old dog was definitely destructive, dh was really ready to throw in towel with his partial plate. I told him "Your fault"! He left it laying on the bathroom vanity. It was so funny, she was sitting on a chair in the front room justa chewin away.. I said " Lady, what have you got" opened her mouth and there was dh's partial.. OMG! Cost us about $500 to replace it. We didn't have dental insurance back then. There are still teeth marks in my front room window sill where she chewed on the wooden ledge, finally stopped her by sprinking red hot chili pepper on the sill.

Anna
Old 03-15-2011, 03:07 AM
Nine Year Member

My Mom had a poodle that chewed my step-dad's hearing aid.... twice because he didn't put them up after taking out. She would jump up in the computer chair and take them off the desk LOL.

Put out a 19 inch tv and monitor with a bag of clothes and box of books for the VA to pick up yesterday. That along with the large trash bag out for trash really cleared a corner of the house out.

Roberta
Old 03-15-2011, 08:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Don't know if any of you remember but couple years ago the *&^%$*#@!!! beagle that was here chewed my glasses. I either have them here on my eyes or here on keyboard. I sleep (other room now) with door shut but I got up to go potty and left door open. Came back in shut door and went back to bed. In the morning I went to LR to turn outside lights off and out of corner of my eye saw something on couch, which was what was left of my glasses. Man I could have gladly strangled that dog. Never liked him from time he came in the house. I called Gina and told her (she is one who brought him here) and she told me to get new ones and she would pay for them well as it turns out had gotten them in Nov and this was July so warrenty was still on. BUT in meantime I had to wear my older perscription which thank heaven I still had. Or would not have been able to be on here or read whatever. That dog was soon gone. If I had left them on the coffee table would have been my fault but they were here on keyboard. Until we got rid of him I put them well out of reach to be safe. I have puter, TV and most of reading material and comfy chair in here in this little room I now call my den. It use to be Judy's room but when Adam moved she took over his room and now I have 2 rooms to call MINE. I leave the glasses here on keyboard but Panda never even tries to get on desk plus at nite she as well as Koda are in their respective crates not as big as yours but plenty big enough.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Head Moderator

Speaking of glasses... DH has an appointment for eye check and he will need new glasses so we will turn the old ones in to be recycled!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I turn in mine & Judys too but always keep the LAST pair just in case. Which is a good thing for us
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Nine Year Member

Gotta love those dogs of ours. Our little dog is not little anymore and thankfully not a Chewie Louie like she used to be. Still, we put the kitchen trash can in the sink when we leave the house, just in case a tired old boiled up chicken carcass becomes overwhelming for her.

our bird however is another story. Can't recall how many jacket zippers I've put in and how many electronic wires we've wrapped when she takes to clipping off the insulation.

Have a box under my desk at work for paper off the printer, I use it for scrap or will recycle it. Hardly anything goes in the trash can anymore.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 03-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

No paper ever gets tossed into the garbage. I shred most of it. Even the paper from Sweetie's cage gets "buried" outside it will disolve in the dirt. Foil gets cleaned off and recycled too.
Sweetie does not come out of cage. I had a bird fly into a window broke its little neck so any bird I have stays in the cage. I talk to her a lot and have the radio on unless I am in bed. She chirps a lot when the radio is on
Old 03-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Assistant Moderator

A pillow case got stuffed with another pillow case or 2, sewed the end closed and became the dogs new bed

Old 03-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Nine Year Member

hey Bilby I was jsut thinking about you lastnight!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."