Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Divorce Divorce can be an emptional and financial roller coaster. Talk about it with those who have been through it before.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Divorce limbo

I have three kids from two different dads. I married and divorced my oldest sons dad. My oldest is now 23 years old with a 3 month son of his own.

I met my two teenagers dad, lived with him for nine years, married him, was shot and disabled by him. Moved back to my home state. We have been separated since 2009.

We are still currently married. As in the state of Ohio, if you have kids, you have to get a divorce. In my area, it starts at $2000 which I can't afford living on social security. Nor is any lawyer willing to take payments. I looked. So, Now my husband is estranged and it makes everything hard.

Last I seen him was Oct of 2013 when he said he would pay for the divorce. I have yet to see anything. Nothing new with him. I figure if this plays out til the kids reach of age. I will file online for $300 or so. Which is more in my budget.

It sucks as I am in another relationship currently. He is aware of everything that has been going on.

Never thought I would be in a situation like this.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:16 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sending a prayer to you in hopes you are rewarded with good-fortune. I've had a few friends who suffered separations/divorces, and it was so difficult for me to watch.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:32 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Additionally... having a strong, close-knit group of friends/SO helps tremendously throughout this time. I know this, because of how often my friends thanked me for being a true friend to them by gracing them with help and support.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

In the state of Ohio as long as both parties agree, you can file a dissolution instead of a divorce. This is what both my ex husband's and I did and I had 2 children with each. You are each required to take a parenting course prior to your court hearing and cannot be pregnant regardless of who the father of the unborn child is. This is Ohio law.
E-Ma to 3

Look to the future, because that is where you'll spend the rest of your life. ~ George Burns ~
Old 07-16-2015, 07:08 PM

Mrs. Cobbler

I have not seen you post before so am taking a minute to welcome you. I am in Ohio too.

There is one other long term member here RobertaD that is in Ohio as well.

Anna
Old 07-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Nine Year Member

Would "Dad" be dragging his feet on a divorce to not pay child support?

Roberta
Old 07-17-2015, 02:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks Anna!! I have been a member for quite a while. Since I went back to working full time I have not been as active. Roberta and I have chatted before back when I was an Avon Rep. (Hi Roberta!!). Thanks for the welcome and I will try not to be such a stranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaInOhio View Post
Mrs. Cobbler

I have not seen you post before so am taking a minute to welcome you. I am in Ohio too.

There is one other long term member here RobertaD that is in Ohio as well.

Anna
Old 07-18-2015, 07:49 PM

Yes I see you have been here as long as I have 2002 and we hope you'll come in and share with us especially helpful for us girls in Ohio trying to save money to know what resources are out there.

Anna