Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Divorce Divorce can be an emptional and financial roller coaster. Talk about it with those who have been through it before.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:00 PM

Fran, are you two legally seperated? If not, get some documentation saying so. And don't date until you do or he would be able to have evidence against you if custody ever became an issue.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coll
Fran, are you two legally seperated? If not, get some documentation saying so. And don't date until you do or he would be able to have evidence against you if custody ever became an issue.
TX is a non separation state. They don't have leggally seperated. You are either married, divorced or pending the final divorce. I agree though however he wouldn't have a legt to stand on because his GF of a year has been living with him.

TX Chef Fran
Old 11-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hey Fran, I'm so sorry things have gone so screwy for you over the last while. I do think you've made a good decision to move on with your daughter. I just think it's horrible that you were trying so hard to reconcile, but almost the entire time, he had a girlfriend. It definitely doesn't sound like he wants to be married.

Have you considered going to a legal aid organization in your area for a free or reduced-cost attorney? The local bar association, in conjunction with one of the law schools, has one that helps reduced-income families. If you are living paycheck-to-paycheck, plus you have a dependent, you may qualify.

I wish you much luck in moving on and will check in sometimes to see how you are doing. Focus on the light at the end of the tunnel... things will get better.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Fran
Just wondering how you are going now??
Old 06-11-2008, 09:05 AM

I too haev been wondering how things are with you Fran. If you have any recent photos of your dd, please post them.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

been there...done that

I have been thru this with 2 husbands and our kids and 1 husband that just split without kids with me. Yes...I have been married 3 times. In my opinion it does not get better...especially if you have tried to make it work. If it has been going on this long....a split is probably best. My 8yr old and I are starting over and it is a relief. We are staying with my mom while I look for a job and then get our own place. We butt heads with her but we are thankful she took us in. It does hurt to split but it is for the best.
E-Ma to 3

Look to the future, because that is where you'll spend the rest of your life. ~ George Burns ~