Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 02-25-2004, 09:56 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

So, how are you all doing with your weight loss efforts?

I went down a full size in my bra - from 42DD to 40D and down a size in my panties!!

I know that is probably TMI but I wanted to share what working with this Rapid Start Plan has done for me (that and working out at Curves).
Old 02-26-2004, 05:13 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I`ve had a slow start. I have lost 3 pounds. I have also went off of it some. I just can`t seem to stick to it completely. I can`t seem to get started exercising. My husband has done alot better then me. He has lost 11 lbs. I stay home all day with my youngest son so I am more tempted to eat. I have already started drinking my water this morning. I don`t like water. I am also having problems with Kidney Stones and went to the doctor for a checkup and he said to drink MORE WATER. He told me to repeat after him THE SOLUTION TO POLLUTION IS DILUTION. Which he is right. I have cut down alot on my pop and try to drink only diet when I do drink it. One thing that will help is when it warms up enough outside so I can get out of the house.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:30 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since anyone posted so I thought I'd ask how you all are doing. Are you following Dr. Phil's plan or something else?

My total inches lost is up to 27.25 now! I need to get back on the plan and stick to it. I've been too lax for too long again and I can feel it.

Have a great week!
Old 03-10-2004, 03:46 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am still finding it hard to stick too. I am going to check out the book for teens today at the library for my 10 year old son. I watched the update show on Dr. Phil for the Weight Lose Challengers and I was so impressed with how they are sticking to it. When I first started I went ahead and ordered a Weight Lose Challenge T-shirt. Now I don`t feel like I should wear it since I haven`t stuck to the program. I am going to try harder this time. I just like all the fattening foods.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:48 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Martiehawk KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Old 03-10-2004, 04:42 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

I bought the teen book for my girls but haven't read it myself yet. That is something I really want to do in the next week or so. Sarah (my 14yo) and I were talking yesterday about actually cleaning out the kitchen of things that were keeping it from being a fail-safe environment.

On a good note, we found local tennis lessons that were very reasonably priced. Sarah had expressed an interest in Tennis in the fall. Since she has always been my more slug-like daughter I was excited to have her mention something she thought she would enjoy. Now with 2 lessons under her belt, she is actually showing a little talent for it and is loving it.

Well, I need to get busy with my day. Hope you are having great weather wherever you are and can get out and enjoy the day!

Get some exercise!
Old 03-10-2004, 07:51 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks for the motivation.
To those of you that have stuck to that diet. I really wish I could be like you.
I have lost ten lbs and then gained it all back.
Really have fallen off the dietwagon.
Especially when it comes to that time of the month.
The cravings I get are just unbearable.
Each day--- I hope to be strong. But still have a hard time.
Did buy the diet book.
Thick book But with lots of good ideas.
Now I know this sounds terrible but it costs alot of money to eat healthy doesnt it.
Well thanks again the motivation....
I hope someday I can write that I have found a solution to my weight.
Mel
Old 03-11-2004, 03:57 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

luvsbirds, I know what you mean when you said its expensive to eat healthy foods, especially if you can`t get you kids to eat it to. I to have fallen off the dietwagon. But I am going to try my best to start back. I had lost 3 lbs to begin but have probably gained it back.

Can I ask you all a question?? Have you noticed that when you eat healthier foods you don`t have alot of Gas?? I sure did but now that I am eating not so good foods I have alot of gas. My husband has mentioned it too.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:05 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yes,
It is hard to diet too. The kids dislike the change.
But finding it so expensive. We always ate a lot of the cheap fixins.
Macaroni, spaghetti,cream soups, cheesy foods and lots of breads.
Yes, that is true about the gas. Must be all that grease and preservatives in the fatty foods.
mel
Old 03-11-2004, 07:44 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Someone told me to think about the expense of eating more healthy veggies and stuff this way:

How much do you spend on dr visits and prescriptions every year? When you have eaten really healthy for a few months, most of the time you quit making so many dr. visits and having to buy so many prescrptions so... wouldn't you rather eat more healthy and spend it there?

Don't know that it's always true but it does help my outlook on things.

I have also noticed that once my body adjusted to the fresher veggies and healthier way of eating, I no longer get gassy. We had pinto beans the other night. I'm not sure if it's the way I cooked them or the fact we've been eating healthier but none of us were gassy. I cooked them in my pressure cooker. YUMMM!

I also notice if I have more sugar or fats in my day than normal, I will have more gastro upset than normal. Like my body is saying "HEY! Quit feeding us all the junk!"

Hope you all have a wonderful day! It's sunny and nice here. I'll be taking the girls to the park to practice tennis and play on the playground with my little ones.

Exercise It's healthy for you!